Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could this be right?

Options
  • 14-11-2005 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

Right Ive just been onto Bank of Ireland , I wanted my smart save Account put onto my banking 365 , first of all the girl on the phone tells me that account doesnt exist , then she tells me she cant check the Balance unless shes in that exact Branch.
    The end story is that they cant look into smart save accounts unless there in the branch the account is with , I very much doubt this could be right?
    Im goina ring back later an see if I can get a different assistant , she also tells me money cannot be transferred from this Account unless I go into the branch.

Has anyone else had any dealings with these smart save accounts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sounds like rubbish from the bank to me. Not the first time ive heard of a BOI customer with bad experiences like this!

I know of someone who went into BOI finglas years ago to open a graduate account (she was an existing student account holder) and they told her there was no such thing! She rang them later that day to cancel her existing account with them and they suddently remembered they had one! They consequently told her she was the only customer in finglas with a graduate account!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gob smacked

not to sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Yea I was a bit freaked when she told me the Account didnt exist alright especially since I have a DD Servicing it every week.

I dont see how they wouldnt have access to the balance though.Im goina ring em again before 9 anyway just to see did I get someone that didnt know what was going on , Im seriously considering moving to AIB , The bf has all his accounts online with AIB an no hassle none a this into the bank to transfer money nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

AIB all the way (before anyone asks, I don't work for them and I'm not spamming).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Yea I was a bit freaked when she told me the Account didnt exist alright especially since I have a DD Servicing it every week.

I dont see how they wouldnt have access to the balance though.Im goina ring em again before 9 anyway just to see did I get someone that didnt know what was going on , Im seriously considering moving to AIB , The bf has all his accounts online with AIB an no hassle none a this into the bank to transfer money nonsense.

Let us know how u get on. :)

• Advertisement

Called into the bank today and transferred the money there , the guy working there said he knew nothing about banking 365 and suggested I call them , I stupidly said I called them last night and then he said well if thats what you were told then that must be correct:rolleyes:

I have the money moved now and I dont want to ring now and get treated like a dummy again , bloody shoddy service if it is correct and bloody shoddy service from the staff if it is`nt , either way Im not a happy banker.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WICKL0W

I bank with AIB and have always found them excellent although bank charges are getting out of hand. I had dealings with BOI in Ranelagh recently :mad: ! Still will never forgive NAtional Irish Bank a couple of years again when I lodged cash into Dun Laoghaire branch for an account in Wilton Terrace only to be told that it would take 3 days (cash :confused: ) as they were not online. They also wouldnt let more than something like £250 be withdrawn from ATM in the one week. Didnt stay there very long. Yellow packs is the reason me thinks or just a new inexperienced assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I remember asking last year sometime if I could get my cashsave & SSIA added to my online banking with BOI. They told me that it wasnt available currently, but the functionality was being added in the near future if I remember rightly.

I might give them a ring in the next few days & ask again, if I do Ill post back here.

Rang up just now asking about having those a/c's put in my online banking & was told the exact same thing you were. They are dealt with at branch level & 365 have nothing to do with them.

Is this the case in AIB or can you see your SSIA online? Would have gone with someone else had I known the score when opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

skywalker wrote:
    Rang up just now asking about having those a/c's put in my online banking & was told the exact same thing you were. They are dealt with at branch level & 365 have nothing to do with them.
    I know people who look at their BOI SSIA online so its deffo possible.
    Ring 365 and tell them the details of the account you want.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

skywalker wrote:

Is this the case in AIB or can you see your SSIA online? Would have gone with someone else had I known the score when opening it.
    I'm with AIB and yes, I can see my SSIA transactions online.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yeah its grand with AIB, but as with BOI you have to ring 24HourBanking a branch cant do anything to your online account as its totally different.

But I did ring banking 365 , 365 said ask in the bank so I did and the guy in there suggested calling 365 so I said I did and then I get this why the hell are you asking me so type response from him.

I just cant see why a customer cant view all their accounts online:rolleyes:

& Ive done the exact same thing & was told the exact same thing. Personally Im not that bothered but it would be handy to have it.

Has anyone actually got one of these a/cs & can view them online as opposed to having a friend who can or assuming you can?

Advertisement