Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cork Xmas Pub Crawl

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

deRanged...you damn well better make one of the three nights or you'll, well, be mocked. Like...um...all the other people who don't make it to BBCs. Yeah.

Or something. I'm still reeling from adam telling everyone that I'm ghey. The bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Dammit... I wonder how drunk they all are now....
    stoopid work /grumbling under my breath....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Dizzy, let me put it this way - this entry took me 15 minutes. Not including running the spellchecker in Word. And I left early, in the as-it-turns-out-futile hope of finding certain...erm...fungi to be available in my gaff.

Still.

Adam made a tit out of himself on a pretty much continuous basis, so I can hardly complain. Entertaining fool that he is :D

and I missed it? ooh I have to get off this stoopid shift team asap... the sooner I have weekends off again, the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

twas a splendid night alright! Met 2 new people so that was good. I do have to say that I'm still very pissed off at that bitch who wouldn't serve us in one of the bars (may she burn in hell!!!!) :mad:

deRanged, I'm very disapointed that you didn't turn up!

• Advertisement

so who were the new people? and why didn't the girl serve you guys in what bar??

ahh c'mon guys, you have to give more detail than that....

The new people were LilMsMelodrama & Blitzkrieger. I honestly dont know why she wouldn't serve us. 3 of us walked into the bar, looking quite sober I might add, and she just said to me "you've had enough" then just ignored us! We hadn't even had a single drink in there at that point. When we went next door the guy there just said she was a bit strange and couldn't see any reason for not serving us.

ok, I'm sick of missing out on them, I'm booking the date for the next one, and even giving an option of two dates!... Friday the 13th of Jan or the following week, Friday 20th Jan... excuses on a postcard please!

JohnK wrote:
    The new people were LilMsMelodrama & Blitzkrieger. I honestly dont know why she wouldn't serve us. 3 of us walked into the bar, looking quite sober I might add, and she just said to me "you've had enough" then just ignored us! We hadn't even had a single drink in there at that point. When we went next door the guy there just said she was a bit strange and couldn't see any reason for not serving us.

It would've been fair enough if she'd looked at me and said "he's drunk" since I blatantly was at that point, but I was busy cogently arguing with someone (adam, I think) about why spending my rent money on beer was a bad idea. In fairness, it was also the scummiest-looking pub on Barracka so it's not like we missed out on much. Plus it was a good excuse for tequilas in Tom Barrys. (Because, you know, at that point I really needed tequila....having tried to start playfighting with adam in Nancy's and only gotten away with it because the place was near empty).

I make one request only regarding tonight. Can we leave the chemical-weapons-grade farts at home please, lads? It got quite worrying, having to run from some of the pubs in shame as everyone in the place started to say "what the f*ck is that smell?!". Naming no names....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

John, remember the Alka Seltzer thing last night? Well, I think everyone will agree that I was well and truly sloshed last night - if T hadn't been with me, I'd probably have woken up outside the gates - but I did think to take Alka Seltzer, both last night and this morning. And I woke up at 8:30am feeling like a million bucks; fresh as a daisy, raring to go. I think that's conclusive. :)

So. What time are we going to the pub? I'm ready. :)

adam

• Advertisement

I think I'm going to have to get some of that stuff. Not too early for the pub, I don't want to die of alcohol poisoning!

Change of plan anyway, my mate isn't coming down until 7:30 and we're going to head straight to the offy and then the party. If it's a complete bore, we'll hook up with ye later. We still on for Sunday?

adam

So, what's the story tonight? Who's going & when?

C'mon lads and lasses, ye were all talk yesterday. Somebody has to go meet poor old John, otherwise I'll get the blame!

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Tequila is evil....

So are we still on for tonight?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The joys of shift work - I'm working a 12 hour shift today and have to be up early in the morning to do it all again. I have to wuss out and get some sleep :(

Dont think I'll be able to make it tonight I'm afraid :(

Did you get out last night at all John?

The party last night was well worth it, kinda glad I cancelled out now. Sorry, but true.

If we don't to out tonight - I feel like a night in anyway tbh - we should definitely go out next week. Maybe a casual crawl?

adam

No, I ended up staying in with a bottle of scotch & a dvd last night. A casual crawl sounds interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sometime next week would be great. The only night I could make this weekend was Saturday, but no one seemed interested when I checked.

What night next week?

I can go on the dry next Friday, Sat has already been booked, but I aint drinking all next weekend 'cause I'm working days, so like Blitz, early to rise in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

JohnK wrote:
    No, I ended up staying in with a bottle of scotch & a dvd last night. A casual crawl sounds interesting!

You spent the night with Johnny Walker on your couch

vector wrote:
    You spent the night with Johnny Walker on your couch
    Pretty much, yeah :)

Advertisement