Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in the Cavan area

• 14-11-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

This is a request for information regarding the availability of broadband access in the rural Cavan region. Yes, I am at my wit's end trying to squeeze web pages through a modem connection and I'm curious as to whether or not there are any services available in this area at the moment.

I live roughly 10 miles east of Cavan town in relatively elevated position.
    That is I am in line of sight of Cavan town and Sligleah mountain (oooeer, spelling!).

This query is obviously directed very much to those who live/work in the Cavan area.

I have yet to contact any of the broadband providers who advertise in the region but I just wanted to put the quesiton out on boards.ie before I do.

Thanks in advance everyone.

CJ

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hi everyone,

This is a request for information regarding the availability of broadband access in the rural Cavan region. Yes, I am at my wit's end trying to squeeze web pages through a modem connection and I'm curious as to whether or not there are any services available in this area at the moment.

www.digiweb.ie and maybe www.net1.ie if they are still alive (looking at their website) are your best bets , all wireless. Net1 are also to supply GBS schemes

http://www.dcmnr.gov.ie/Communications/Group+Broadband+Scheme/Approved+Projects+2nd+phase.htm

Ballyjamesduff, Kilnaleck Co. Cavan

Ballyjamesduff Group Broadband Scheme

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I see Net1 read this board , their web page changed this morning and now reads

"Net1 would like to apologise for the lack of a website over the past week. A new website is being constructed and will be live soon. If you are and existing customer or are enquiring about the service please e-mail info@net1.ie"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mo'

This might help:) PLACEMARK...or not! don't seem to cover Cavan and surrounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bofs

The Stradone exchange is enabled for broadband. Check on the eircom website.

Advertisement