Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which model?

Options
  • 14-11-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Just a quick question, i'm in a bit of a rush. I'm thinking about buying a nitro car. Ive seen some of the HPI range, Savage 21, MT2 and RS4. I'm willing to travel around Dublin or buy on-line (not e-bay though) I'm living in a built up area so road use would be limited to car parks for the moment. Ther is a very large green beside my house so this could be a possibility, is this type of area ok? I believe there's a track in St. Annes park but i'd have to learn a bit more first. I'm looking for something with a bit of speed aswell, but not too fast. Any models you could suggest or places to buy them. I'm looking at spending about €300 but i could spend a bit more. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ViperGTS wrote:
    Hi all.
    I'm looking at spending about €300 but i could spend a bit more. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

First off, Is it a Touring car or a monster truck you are after ?
    Secondly, Unless you buy second hand, €300 will go nowhere on anything decent and reliable.

I am not familiar with on road racing in the Dublin area but I am sure others here would be able to help you out. I race Electric touring cars down here in Cork.

Take a look here for more info on Race meetings etc.
    RCCAOI

You should find info on St. annes Park racing If you CLICK HERE
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I bought my T-Maxx from http://www.towerhobbies.com for less than €400 delivered. You'll need fuel, batteries, spare glow plugs, etc. though, an extra maybe €100 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

but if u are buyin a tmaxx off of towerhobbies it takes six weeks and u might get caught for import duty better off paying the extra 20-30 euro and gettin it off of www.modelsport.co.uk and it will be with ya in three days thats where i got my revo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Fella i know he used to do some of the repairs for that fun shop in blanch he has a revo think it got ran one, if even that think he just started it on a bench i asked him and he want rid of it 400euro , if u are interested pm me i will ring and confirm price of it and i will send u his name and number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

... but if u are buyin a tmaxx off of towerhobbies it takes six weeks and u might get caught for import duty...

No, the €400 includes nabout €90 duty, VAT and An Post fees! And it took 4 weeks not 6. (Still a long time to wait though I agree!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Don't forget the dollar costs a lot more euros now, compared to last year ...

Last xmas it was 1 euro = 1.37 dollars
    now it's 1 euro = 1.168

almost 20% more expensive now, both for a US car and for freight charged in US.

so a US car from the US that cost Euro400 last year would be at least €75more now....

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

Thanks for all the replies. i boughtRC Car Action and saw a tower hobbies ad. I was looking at the Traxxas jato. All in all without getting hit with the Imp. Duty i'm looking at €410. Good deal or should I pass on it. Is there anything that I could buy over here that could compare and not have to spend that much? Has any1 any experience from buying from Europe? ie. Italy or Germany Is it worth it?
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ViperGTS

I've bought a Jato from the UK. All I need is fuel, AA batteries and a 7.2V battery stick (and charger I presume) Does anyone know where I can get this in Ireland? I've seen them on E-Bay but i'm not sure if they'll be ok. Any idea how much I should be looking at?

Thanks again

Advertisement