Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An idea as a mark of respect

• 14-11-2005 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭

I think we should all stay away from this board on Wednesday for Eddie's funeral.

Just a suggestion and will understand if no-one agree's.

Thank's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gm1984

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

At the IwW show tonight, they had a 10 bell salute for Eddie. Very emotional, everyone kept silent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

why is it a mark of respect to stay away from this forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Surely it's better to celebrate his life as is currently being done through the favourite memories thread ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

tbh i think a better mark of respect would be if we were all to have a minutes silence on the day of the funeral, at whatever time its on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Well I would feel that it would be a small thing for us all to do if we paused on here for a period to reflect and remember Eddie in our own ways, and I think the suggestion of not posting for the day is the most practical way of doing this. By all means, we can post away about what he has given to us in other threads, but it is a relatively minor yet touching gesture we can can give back to Eddie and to remember him personally.

I would agree with the day's hold off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Roar wrote:
    tbh i think a better mark of respect would be if we were all to have a minutes silence on the day of the funeral, at whatever time its on?

Roar, it is a good idea at a football match but a moment's silence on an internet board?? I'd almost think Eddie would have come up with that one!!! :lol:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Hamndegger wrote:
    Roar, it is a good idea at a football match but a moment's silence on an internet board?? I'd almost think Eddie would have come up with that one!!! :lol:

i'm talking about where we are at that time, not on the board :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think a respectful gesture would be good. I would like to think the WWE at their shows on Saturday and Sunday would do somthing small. Maybe a 10 bell solute, a minutes silence or even a minutes round of applause for Eddie. Chanting Eddies name is a good and all but a I think a formal gesture would be better,a little more meaningful than sporadic chants of his name. I emailed WWE about it today at http://help-forms.wwe.com/contact_le.php. Maybe they are going to do it anyway but I would nt be 100 % sure about it. Anyway if anyone agrees that a little mark of repsect in some form would be good at the shows a 30 second email at that address to WWE would nt do any harm.

Advertisement