Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it so wrong?

Options
  • 14-11-2005 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

When I get homework from the edco papers, primarily biology homework(I always give English and most other subjects a go myself!), I go to e-xamit.ie type in the code and take down the answers. I know this kinda takes away the whole point of getting homework but otherwise I'd be endlessly looking up my notes and book searching for anwers that could be just a click away! Yes I am quite lazy but there are only so many hours in a day!
    Does anybody else do this and is it so wrong?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Congratulations on learning how to avoid learning anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Having done a lot of science for the LC I'd say you're making a mistake. In my opinion it's much much easier to learn it as you go along than let it all pile up and then you have loads to learn. If you do it as you go along, when you look back over it you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much you remember. Particularly when you're looking at it for the 3rd or 4th time coming up to the mocks. Yes it takes time but it'll save you a lot of hassle in the long run if you learn each section as you go along, close the book and try do the exam questions, then open the book and find whatever you'd forgotten. Even checking through the book to get the answers won't take that long - it should be obvious from the question what section it's in and you're more likely to remember it.

So no it's not really wrong, just foolish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

But when I'm doing them I first try and answer the question myself, see if I'm right, read over the correct answer and then take it down. I'd only be doing the same with the book anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

if you're learning the stuff while you take it down, i don't see the problem. I do it with maths but usually after i try the question a few times admittedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I don't see a problem with checking solutions myself, but if you're just copying make sure you review it and learn it.Copying a piece of info once is OK as long as you'll know it for next time.I think the solutions are really handy for things like maths where you could just be stuck on one step and if it's pointed out to me I can get the rest of the question.I won't forget it for next time either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Very useful for checking answers are correct or if you get it wrong then figure out where you went wrong and take it step by step etc. but seriously it will really not help in the slightest copying down answers.

Listen to what everyone has said and wake up cause you'll regret it in the long run, now is the time to change these things while you still can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea at the end of the day, in the LC, there'll be no examit beside u at your disposal, trust me, attemptin itwithout the aid of a book helps u learn, when u check the answers AFTER completion

Advertisement