Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken recipes

• 15-11-2005 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

hey folks,
    chicken breast on the menu for tomorrow, anyone got any suggestions? am bored of all my usual chicken dinners and quite fancy a change.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cant really suggest anything new for you unless you tell us what you've already tried???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

i mostly just make recipes up as i go along - my two main chicken dishes are just a stew and chicken bearnais - preferably not either of those, but i welcome all sugestions...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

how about parmesan chicken? You put the chicken in a oven proof dish with melted butter and a splash of cream. Then cover with grated parmesan cheese. Bake in a hot over (200 C) for approx 30 mins depending on thickness.

If you have time, let the chicken breasts soak in milk for a couple of hours as it makes them jucier and less likely to dry out during cooking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Get cast iron pan with close fitting lid.

Sear chicken on high w/sesame oil until well browned all over. Throw in smashed ginger & garlic, salt, pepper, a few chilli flakes. Splash on soy sauce & mirin. Put on lid, reduce heat, cook for 20-25 minutes. Take off lid, remove chicken, add spoon of honey to pan, deglaze, splash over chicken.

Serve with mashed potatoes and tenderstem broccoli for the ultimate beginning of winter comfort food.

Cooking chicken this way keeps it *exceptionally* moist. If you don't like that kind of faux oriental flavour, try it with garlic, mushrooms, some tarragon and a splash of white wine. Deglaze with cream.

You don't have to use a cast iron pan, if you only have non-stick it'll be fine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Get your self some sweet chili sauce from the oriental shop and make some goujons.
    I normally marinade chicken strips in some lemon or lime juice for an hour or two then dip them in flour, then beaten egg and then breadcrumbs, I also normally chop a bit of parsley into the breadcrumbs.
    Then pop the coated chicken strips into a pan, a normal pan with a bit of oil in will do, it doesn't have to be a deep fat frier.
    Tasty...mmmm.

I have also dry fried these on a non-stick pan with very little oil, I find it much nicer than filling the breadcrumbs with oil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

tempting and all as the other two sound, think i may go for the parmesan chicken tonight - it sounds so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Shabadu wrote:
    If you don't like that kind of faux oriental flavour, try it with garlic, mushrooms, some tarragon and a splash of white wine. Deglaze with cream.

That (or a vriation of it) is a particular favourite in our house. Plenty of rice & steamed veg.

Advertisement