Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bittorent Bandwidth Useage

Options
  • 15-11-2005 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

I use Azureus. I limited the upload speed so as to not choke my connection. However, it always seems to act as if its sucking up ALL the bandwidth, even when downloading at a massive 5k/s...

So, does Azureus actually use all that bandwidth or might it be a different problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

Depends... depends.... Are you on a Xkb/128kb line? If so, try setting your upload limit to 4Kbs. This worked reasonably well for me with BitComet (which seems to run very similarly to Azureus). The upload chokes your download VERY easily. Even at 4kbs it's a bit.... iffy.

Alternatively, and I am having great success with this at the moment, try a traffic shaping program. I'm using cFosSpeed. I set my uploads to 12, and it's currently running at 88/12 while I'm browsing at normal speed....

Oh, and I'm on Eircom's 1mb/128kb package.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

IOL 512K DSL.

Hmm, maybe I havn't set the upload limit low enough. Thanks.

Advertisement