Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOkia 6630 mp3 ringtones

• 15-11-2005 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Howdy i remember a thread on here about a solution to the mp3 ringtones not playing on vodafone nokia 6630, trouble is i can't find the thread and searching is disabled on the forum, can anyone remember the solution, thanks lads sorry for any hassle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

The phone would have to be flashed with non network branded (Vodafone) firmware. I can do this.

As in just Nokia firmware, no branding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Was it not just converting them from mp3 to mp4 with something like DbPoweramp converter?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Convert to MP4 using any good converter will work ok.

Personally i used i-tunes to convert to acc - then they will work fine:D

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

just use the nokia pc suites multimedia player to convert to aac and thats it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

thanks for the advice, tried the nokia converter, the file plays on the phones media player, but the phone still states that the file format is unsupported when trying to set as ringtone, i think i may need it flashed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

ok i got this fone and it confuses the hell out of me!

i got the memory card with it but im gurssing im going to have to get another one that is bigger because it says that the fone can hold all this music and mine after like four songs says its full.....no space available.

people keep saying how great the fone i....im just not getting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

my mistake its the 6680 i have! see now im showing the stupidity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Lmao!! :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

convert to aac then wav sorry the 6630 does wav ringtones...u probably won't get a full song on like but u wouldn't let your fone ring for 3 minutes+ anyway so its all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

thanks for the advice, tried the nokia converter, the file plays on the phones media player, but the phone still states that the file format is unsupported when trying to set as ringtone, i think i may need it flashed
    I can flash it for you if you want, I can put the Nokia 6630 Music firmware on it. Just takes 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement