Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brave man

• 15-11-2005 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

St Peter is sitting at the gates of heaven one fine afternoon when this man arrives up in a well pressed blue suit and asks if there would be any chance of gaining admission.
    'Well says St Peter, 'I didn't get where I am today by letting every Tom, Dick and Harry walk through these gates. What sort of virtuous qualities do you have which would make me want to let you in?'
    'Well says yer man, 'I was very devout. I went to church every Sunday morning, well or ill, all my life, and lived as a good Christian every other day of the week.'
    'Umm, that's a good start says St Peter, 'but it's hardly good enough. There are boyos in here who went to church once a day, and three times on Sundays, and had to walk fourteen miles there and back summer and winter with no soles on the shoes of their feet.'
    'Well says yer man, 'what about fidelity? I never once looked at another woman in all the fifty years I was married. And before I was married I was as pure as the first day of spring.'
    'Unnm, that's highly commendable says St Peter, 'but you have to bear in mind that we're full to the brim in here with men of the cloth who spurned the sins of the flesh from the moment they were born until the day and hour they shuffled off their mortal coils.'
    'I take your point says yer man. What about bravery then?'
    'Umm, yes, bravery has a lot going for it,' says St Peter.
    'What's your record on the courage front?'
    'Well,' says yer man, 'once I walked almost the entire length of the Falls Road singing "The Sash'' at the top of my voice and beating a Lambeg drum until I thought the skin would burst.'
    'Oh?' says St Peter, 'and when was this, pray tell?'
    'About five minutes ago'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I don't get it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

he he he... i like it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I don't get it:confused:
    Read it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

lmfao ****in brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

well like... i get the concept... but i dont know what falls road or the sash is...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Steoob wrote:
    well like... i get the concept... but i dont know what falls road or the sash is...

Falls Rd = staunch republican area of west belfast.

The Sash my father wore = Loyalist song about the battle of the boyne and how Loyalists will blah, blah, blah.

Good Joke....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭HybridTech

Loved it!!!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

hahahahahah. Very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

LOL. love it. They should leave him there to rot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

lol :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

ok......ish

Advertisement