Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW Show Nov 14th

• 15-11-2005 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I was at the IwW show tonight in the SFX, just thought I'd give my thoughts on what I felt was a very enjoyable show

I managed to get front row seats, I was told to just sit up the front, so things got off to a good start!

It was kinda weird going to a wrestling show just when it's started to sink in that one of your favourite wrestlers ever has passed away, but I'm sure Eddie wouldn't want people to stop wrestling. Nice tribute paid to him, a 10 bell salute before the opening match, followed by a very intense Eddie chant. The event also finished with an Eddie chant, great to see that people care

First "unofficial" match was a battel royale, won by George McFly. I think it was Bingo Ballance who was the last in the ring with him, he seemed a bit wrecked by the end

Steve Mulligan vs Wolfgang, Wolfgang was certainly able to interact with the fans, a few nice moves by him too

Tag match with Bam Katrazz and Sean South against Dave Zero and Ballymun Bruiser, probably the most entertaining match of the night! The Bruiser impressed me, but it was some comments by Sean South that had me pissin myself laughin! Zero went to do some move off the ropes, and Sean shouted "what are ya doin, ya bastard!", followed by "ya ****in heroin addict!". Just caught me off guard, ****in gas!

Keego Ward vs....bollox, I'm gettin tired! I think it was one of the two guys from England, who looked like they'd just been pulled off the beach in Ibiza. Keego was ****in brilliant! Never seen him before, he was really comfortable on the mic, and the way he kept on going, he was really playin with the crowd. It got him covered in water by someone in the end though! Funny guy, not bad at the aul wrestlin, although the other lad wasn't the best

Red Vinny vs Jody Fleisch, very nice match. Vinny's always been the one that's impressed me most in IwW, keepin up the good work. A few little spots didn't go too well, but on the whole it was a good match. Some nasty bumps too. I heard that Jody was sellin DVD cases with no discs inside durin the intermission, lol. Think it was sorted out though. Good few "Joey" chants durin the match too, that Joey guy must be pleased

Vic Viper vs CJ Summers vs Jay Phoenix vs the other English guy, started off ab it stupid. In the ring at the start was the tag partner of the English guy who was meant to be in the match, with a flag over his head. Don't think anyone was fooled, or cared.. When the flag was taken off him, I bore witness to the worst acting I've ever experienced inside a wrestling ring.... Less said of this tag team the better. Summers is a little too overweight to get away with his character and style, I think. Jay Phoenix did the Three Amigos durin the match, nice touch. Viper ended up winning it, very cool finisher

Anyone else notice the sausages and mushrooms throw into the ring at one stage?! What the **** was the deal there?!

Mad Man Manson fought Drew Galloway next. Galloway has a nice build, most muscular guy on the night, Manson as weird as always, came out in a wheelchair. I hope this match makes tv, because part of it was brilliant! Drew's manager had a briefcase that he left in the ring, and when the wrestlers went fighting towards the exit and back in another door, the briefcase was stolen by a certain someone..not me, but I know who! When the action came back to the ring, a load of guys started chanting "where's your briefcase?!", and the look on the guy's face was priceless! I managed to keep an eye on the decent action in the ring, as well as see refs, cameramen, announcers and bouncers searching everywhere for the briefcase! Somehow it was put back beside the ring without anyone noticing, funny stuff. I hope it was caught on camera! They kinda messed up one spot in the ring, nothing really happened for a while, then they hit it, afterwards the briefcase came into play, good thing it was put back. I'd rather see Manson as a heel

Main event was Seamus O'Shaughnessy vs Vampiro. Seamus always gets mixed reactions, I don't like him too much personally as it seems he has the title purely because he's the biggest guy. And he has red hair. Action wasn't too bad, nothing spectacular by Vampiro though, he looked a bit tired. He scared a lot of the kids when they went to the balcony, looked like he was going to try to put SOS through a solid table at one stage too. IwW had another silly finish to a main event here too.. I didn't understand it. It was a no dq match, Viper came out to try to cost SOS the match, Manson came out to help SOS presumably, not sure if he actually did anything though. Viper aimed for SOS with a plastic chair, but he hit Vampiro, and as SOS went for the pin, Viper just put his head in his hands and left the ring, looking really pissed off after the ref had counted the pin. If he didn't want SOS to win, surely he would have just broken up the pin, it was a no dq match afterall?.. I dunno, good match though

Glad I made it to this event, the crowd interaction is something you don't get with WWE over here, some of the things the guys say are great too, like the ref to Viper, "Viper, **** off". I'll be back next year for Gym Wars hopefully, great stuff IwW!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

The "English guys" are Team Sexay. B-way and G-man.

Eddie Guerrero Tribute was amazin, glad enough ppl knew what happened so they could show proper respect.
    Incredible show imo. Also as good as firt SFX show and 10 times better then D-Day. Highlight's of the night was Red Vinny Vs Jody Fleisch with chants going to both Wrestlers.
    Also Mad Man Manson Vs Drew Galloway was a brilliant match even before it started with them fighting all over the arena and the "where your Breifcase" chant to Drew's manager was hilarious. Last night between SOS and Vampiro was great. One of SOS's best matches imo. I dont think i was a no DQ match btw. And ref's are surpose to be more leant with championship matches i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Stalfos wrote:
    I dont think i was a no DQ match btw.

I definitely heard it announced as a no DQ match. I doubt the ref would allow the guard rails to be dragged around otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Good few "Joey" chants durin the match too, that Joey guy must be pleased

I am.

Advertisement