Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Tab Editor

• 15-11-2005 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd show my support for the (free) Power Tab Editor, I found it quite useful in learning to play the guitar.

You can download the program here - http://www.power-tab.net/downloads.php

You can then download a wide range of tabs from http://www.powertabs.net/

Its also quite useful for people who write music to jot down some idea's. The print function is particularly impressive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's got my thumbs up. Very handy little program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Big Kudos for Power Tab!!! Tabs are always pretty accurate too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Brilliant program. If only it was as popular as places like mxtabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I use both Powertab and Guitar Pro, both very handy. Not a lot of tabs are tabbed on Powertab thats why I also use guitar pro, and for the ability to slow down the songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

which is best in your opinion lads,power tab or guitar pro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I just got Guitar Pro 5 and it really is excellent. PTE is better than the previous Guitar Pro's though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

ya i got the demo of gp5 down the last day tis savage,love the music page setup as regards to the last type,seems easier to break stuff down,and the wah effect thats not in the demo version,yep its all about the little things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Havnt used GP yet but I've been using PTE for awhile now and I think its excellent. It has its issues of course but the only thing that I really miss is a proper tempo changer...its meant to be coming in the next version though so fingers crossed...

Advertisement