Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dresden Dolls...

• 15-11-2005 4:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

I thought i'd be really sharing and let you all in on a great band known as the Dresden Dolls! They're a Boston based punk cabaret two-piece act, Amanda Palmer delighting us with melodic vocals, witty, ingenious lyrics and artful piano ranging from gentle tunes to key-mashing frenzies! And her partner-in-crime, Brian Viglione, an incredibly talented and expressive drummer. And thats where the line up ends, and the masterpieces begin!

For those of you unfamiliar with cabaret punk all i can say is... nothing! It cannot be described, it simply must be heard! If your reading this your next task is to toddle off to www.dresdendolls.com and check them out yourself! I've queried scores of friends, friends of friends and even complete strangers to no avail, this band doesnt seem to exist in our small country! Til now of course! Spread the word, they must be heard!

Having never played here i can only dream of seeing them live, and i plan to start a petition, possibly starting right here, in order to convince them to play here some day!

Anyway, i've done all i can, hit e with some feedback people, and those of you that know them please lend a hand in spreading the word! Enjoy!

ftg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

they had a wee time on mtv2 with the video girl anakronism, i liked em, couldnt find their stuff after tho...not even illegally!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I love them. Their second album is easily aquired melekalikimaka. or it was when i got it. The website sells the albums so try there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I saw them in Belgium over the summer and they fucking great, played a fantastic cover of Sabbath's War Pigs. Drummer was insane!

Really like to see them again now that I know their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

I've heard but 2 songs and i'm obsessed...theyre fuggin amazin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 karate_feetus

oh brilliant!!! They have a second album, thats so cool. Anybody know the picture in the middle o their debute- they're asleep on a couch, yeah I'm currently painting that on my wall. Very excited to hear other people excited about their fresh genius.

Make sure to Pm me with other info bout releases etc, anything for a girl obsessed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

Does anyone know what their dvd In Paradise is like.....I'm itchin to get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Wow, i have to say i'm fairly impressed with the response! i couldnt find anybody out there in the real world that new them! I urge you all to email them and whine about the fact that they never play ireland! its just not good enough dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

i only know the girl anachronism but i think that it's great. i really have to check out more of their stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The Dresden Dolls do a version of "Pretty In Pink"
    http://www.americanlaundromatrecords.com/highschoolreunion.html

Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

yeah i have their 1st album, they are teh business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kels

I really like them I have been listening to them awhile now....

Advertisement