Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embed images in html emails - using Outlook

Options
  • 15-11-2005 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes...

I'm creating a html email, which I would be sending using Outlook - most of the receivers will also be using Outlook.

I'm aware of the security issues with receiving emails with images. One way around this is to have the images on a web server, which will then be embedded in the email before sending.

This all works well - except for one tag - <td background-image>. I can't get the image to render when received in Outlook - sometimes it appears & sometimes it doesn't, it's completely random.

I have tried CSS, inline style and pulling my hair out, but no joy.

I've tried Google, & come across people with similiar problems, but no solutions :(

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Moved from Digital Art / Design.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've found Outlook's HTML support to be flakey at best. Sometimes external stylesheets work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes embedded stylesheets work, sometimes they only partially work, sometimes they don't work.

I've found using HTML attributes instead of CSS to work best, even though it's not ideal. Try using <table background="http://link.to/mypicture.jpg"&gt; and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Also try something like:

<TD style="background-image:url(http://link.to/mypicture.jpg)"&gt;

Advertisement