Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving a new car in

Options
  • 15-11-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

I'm expecting delivery of a new car soon and was wondering is there any particular way i'm supposed to drive it so the engine gets run in properly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It will state this in your manual, there might even be a sticker on the windscreen

Typically it's something like don't exceed 4000rpm and don't exceed 140km/h for the first 1000km

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Most new cars are run in on the bench. i.e. when tested
    as previous poster says check ur manual !

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Most new cars are run in on the bench. i.e. when tested
    as previous poster says check ur manual !

I'm Off the point, I know....but I remember when one had to bring a new car back after 600 miles to have the cylinder head re-torqued. Yeh, I know I'm an old fogie
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

the Mini Cooper/Cooper S is the only car that needs to be run-in in the old sense of the word. I was advised that you should drive a new car as you would drive normally...

Advertisement