Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X360 game reviews start appearing (Kameo, PGR3 etc.)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The HDTV thing is a bit of apin in the ass tbh, basically they want you to shell out on a brand new console, then on a brand new (f*cking expensive) tv just so you can appreciate the graphics properly? And iirc, you cant even watch TV on a HDTV here? Can you just hook them up to a pc monitor by any chance? That way youd get the resolution without having to shell out on a hdtv :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I assure you that a HDTV is completely capable of displaying regular television.

My problem with it is that I'll have to get a VGA adapter for my HDTV. The XBox 360 doesn't come with a DVI or HDMi connection... whichs seems like a bit of a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Deadwing wrote:
    The HDTV thing is a bit of apin in the ass tbh, basically they want you to shell out on a brand new console, then on a brand new (f*cking expensive) tv just so you can appreciate the graphics properly? And iirc, you cant even watch TV on a HDTV here? Can you just hook them up to a pc monitor by any chance? That way youd get the resolution without having to shell out on a hdtv :rolleyes:

You can hook it up to a PC monitor, but it might be a bit of a pain in the ass (it would be for me at least). It'll look better than a SDTV though, yes.

I think they ought to handle this carefully (retailers/MS) - lots of people could be pretty disappointed if it's actually the case that you really need a HDTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think the Full (400 euro) version of the 360 comes with a HD cable rather than a regular scart, that could cause alot of problems.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Is it not a hybrid cable similar to the advanced cable of the original xbox - came with scart, s-video and the phono-jack tpe inputs (yellow for vid and then l and r sound) - fairly sure it'll be similar for the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Is it not a hybrid cable similar to the advanced cable of the original xbox - came with scart, s-video and the phono-jack tpe inputs (yellow for vid and then l and r sound) - fairly sure it'll be similar for the new one.
    Ah, if that's he case then everything is gravy once more. Still debating whether I should get one for Christmas though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Another review, IGN gave PGR3 an 8.8:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/667/667076p1.html
    What really makes this game next-generation? It's not really the gameplay. It's the graphics and presentation. Visually, PGR3 is set up to look absolutely gorgeous when in 720p or 1080i. It's still pretty in 480p, but it looks more like an Xbox game to be honest. The high-def setting makes a world of difference. If you don't have a High-definition set-up, look into it quick!

Advertisement