Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever met a "Famous" person?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

nudger wrote: »
    Good idea for a thread.

Richard Harris was was one of the most rude I meet, he thought he was gods gift.

He was.

Met some over the years but none on Oprah level. Did swap tongues with barbara Windsor before. Had a couple of pints with Shane mcGowan too. Me and Gerry Adams talked about facial hair before, does that count??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Kieth Duffy? (the guy from boyzone)
    Ray D'arcey
    the prince of Denmark
    Mumford and Sons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

He was.

Met some over the years but none on Oprah level. Did swap tongues with barbara Windsor before. Had a couple of pints with Shane mcGowan too. Me and Gerry Adams talked about facial hair before, does that count??

Didn't meet Babs, but did do pints with both Shane and Gerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

ive met brendan gleeson and phil jupitus and dermott morgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

my hubby was doing a party gig a while ago,there was a load of musicans there ,so there were getting up and playing with him,there was this one guy who was singing for a least an hour ,at the end of night i asked this guy to help us carry the gear to the van he was helping no problem ,never took much notice of him to be honest ,about a week later i was watching the I T CROWD .turns out the singer was roy from the show

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harrison fraud

I rode Amanda Brunker.. does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Pete Doherty

nice fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Packie Bonner
    Russel Brand
    Mel Gibson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I live up the road from where the first irish president was born, Dugles hide... But no I dint meet him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Michael Jordan
    Eddie Jordan
    Neil Armstrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

I live up the road from where the first irish president was born, Dugles hide... But no I dint meet him.

ah shur we're all up the road from someone famous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gay Byrne met me before, does that count?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Met Ken Doherty a few years ago at my dads 50th, seemed sound enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Neil Armstrong
    Bruce Springsteen
    Gerry Adams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Martin Sheen - gentleman

Brian McFadden - sound out

Kerry Katona - wagon

Mick McCarthy - another gentleman

Patrick Bergin - "do you know who I am??"

Pierce Brosnan - sound, very private man and that's to be respected.

Bernard McNamara - was one of the richest men in Ireland and now stoney broke and NAMA own his ass. Lovely man though, very humble, never flashy, from Clare

Martin Kemp - sound, the wimmins just love him. I was barman and when he came into the bar with his wife every wimmin in the place turned to look at him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Ray Darcy
    Jim Corr
    David O'Leary
    Tiesto (well I know he's crap and all but still famous)
    Seb Fontaine
    Chris Liebing
    Neil Lennon
    Frank Zenker

Edit: the more I think the more I'll rememmber ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ah now, what's the point in just listing them?

Tell us what they were like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ah now, what's the point in just listing them?

Tell us what they were like

apologies...

Ray Darcy, very nice and very friendly, mind you that was a 20 years ago or there abouts.
    Jim Corr in temple Bar one night. I didn't know him but my friend was chatting away and we shook hands before parting ways. Nice man.
    David O'Leary at a birthday, very obliging to have a few pics, nice man.

Tiesto (well I know he's crap and all but still famous) rude and full of himself to say the least.

Seb Fontaine, chatted and had the laughs, nice guy who couldn't play any more due to our crappy licensing laws.

Chris Liebing, very nice guy. Willing to relax and have a chat in the airport. I'm a huge fan so was overwhelmed but he was very cool and engaging. Also met him a few months ago in Dublin. Shorter this time but still a man who's always smiling.

Neil Lennon in a quiet bar in Meath, playing for them at the time I got him to sign my jersey, nice enough.

Frank Zenker in the IFSC. Just a photo op more than anything but seemed obliging and nice. At the time reckon there was a slight language barrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

sandra06 wrote: »
    my hubby was doing a party gig a while ago,there was a load of musicans there ,so there were getting up and playing with him,there was this one guy who was singing for a least an hour ,at the end of night i asked this guy to help us carry the gear to the van he was helping no problem ,never took much notice of him to be honest ,about a week later i was watching the I T CROWD .turns out the singer was roy from the show

you must be a roscommon girl then, that lad is from boyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Sound fella. Funny too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Sound fella. Funny too.

I used to love him :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Noel Gallagher. A true gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I used to love him :o

Used to?!?!?!?! He still loves you, he told me so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Have we all night?—Screaming Jay Hawkins, Big Joe Turner, Martha Reeves, Sam Cooke, poor Sam, Sinatra.—Never again. The man is a thug.—Otis Redding, Lord rest his sweet soul, Joe Tex, The Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Little Stevie then. He was only eleven. A pup.—More?
    –Yeah.
    –Let’s see.—Wilson Pickett, Jackie Wilson, Sam an’ Dave, Eddie Floyd, Booker T. and the MGs of course, Joe Tex.
    –Yeh said him already.
    –Twice. Em—an unusual one, Jimi Hendrix. Although, to be honest with you, I don’t think poor Jimi knew I was there.—Bobby Bland, Isaac Hayes, Al Green.
    –You’ve been ****in’ busy.
    –You speak the truth, Brother Rabbitte. And there’s more. Blood, Sweat and Tears. The Tremeloes. I know, I know, I have repented.—Peter Tosh, George Jones, The Stranglers. Nice enough dudes under the leather. I turned up for The Stones on the wrong day. The day after. They were gone.
    –Yeh stupid sap, yeh.
    –I know.—Will that do?—Oh yeah, and The Beatles.
    –The Beatles, said Jimmy.
    –Money for jam, said Joey The Lips.—ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE—DOO DUH DOO DUH DOO.
    –Was tha’ you?
    –Indeed it was me, Brother. Five pounds, three and sixpence. A fair whack in those days.—I couldn’t stand Paul, couldn’t take to him. I was up on the roof for Let It Be. But I stayed well back. I’m not a very photogenic Brother. I take a shocking photograph.
    By now Jimmy was believing Joey The Lips. A question had to be asked.
    –Wha’ do yeh want to join US for?
    –I’m tired of the road, said Joey The Lips.—I’ve come home. And my mammy isn’t very well.
    Jimmy knew he was being stupid, and cheeky, asking the next question but he asked it anyway.
    –Who’re your influences?
    –I admit to no influences but God My Lord, said Joey The Lips.—The Lord blows my trumpet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

I once met a pool attendant in a hotel in Miami who had partied the night before with P Diddy and Tre Cool from Green Day...I was star struck at the pool attendant for being in the company of such greatness!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

John Hurt - Actor - gave me a lift out of town one day
    James Hetfield - singer with Metallica - twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Kerry King from Slayer - sound
    Jeff Hannemann from Slayer - sound, laidback as fuck.
    Michael D Higgins - Lovely guy, real gent.
    Enda Kenny - actually a nice guy in person.
    Bryan Murray (actor, Fair City, Brookside, The Irish RM) - very nice guy.
    Ray Darcy - met him when I was a kid, sound from what I remember
    John Aldridge - great guy, very funny.
    Shay Given - Gentleman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yes.

"no"

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Flaker

VEN wrote: »
    John Hurt - Actor - gave me a lift out of town one day
    James Hetfield - singer with Metallica - twice

Jealous! I used to want to marry him (I still do a wee bit).

This didn't happen to me me, but to my friend all in about an hour when she was walking home from college years ago.

She first walked past the Savoy and saw Daniel Day Lewis (it was the premiere for In The Name Of The Father that day apparently).

She walked on and passing the Clarence hotel saw The Edge, Larry Mullin and Adam Clayton getting into (or out of - I can't remember) a car. No Bono though.

She then was walking down South Circular Road and saw Brendan O'Carroll!

Twas a day of it alright.

Only famous person I ever saw was Eve Herzigova. I served her lunch in a restaurant I worked at in Germany.

And the guy who used to do Pat's Chat....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,380 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jeff Daniels - affable
    James Gandofini - its just Tony
    Gary Sinise - sound
    Daniel Craig - odd
    Hugh Jackman - sound
    Kate Winslet - She was 5 when I met her
    All 1990s/2000s Formula 1 drivers and team owners - as varied as they sound, Eddie Irvine is however a tool
    James Cromwell - gent/awesome
    Mick Fleetwood and Lindsay Buckingham sound/tool respectively
    The Dubliners 2007 vintage - gentlemen
    Everyone in Irish club and international rugby - to be fair a generous and humble bunch for the most part, the big egos dont last long. Tony McGahan is a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Flaker

Not really... no :( I've met a Christian author when he came to our church.. that's the closest I can think of.. lol.
    Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Oh I met the choclate rain guy, the "leave britnet alone" guy and the gingers has souls guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Ryan Turbridy broadcasted his radio show from my house :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

One night I was in abrakebabra (Don't ask) just off Grafton street. Some woman and the tail end of her thirties was snogging the face off a bloke just outside the window. My friends were quite excited because she's apparently on fair city. I have no idea who it was.

And walking through college one night a friend mentioned Ray Darcy. I said, "What every happened to him? He's never on telly anymore. Did RTE kick him out or something" To which my friend said "I SAID, that's Ray Darcy behind us". There he was walking 6ft behind us. Doesn't get more exiting that that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Had a few pints with Bob Hoskins, when he was in a series filmed in Kilmainham jail, a good few years ago. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Grayson wrote: »
    One night I was in abrakebabra (Don't ask) just off Grafton street. Some woman and the tail end of her thirties was snogging the face off a bloke just outside the window. My friends were quite excited because she's apparently on fair city. I have no idea who it was.

And walking through college one night a friend mentioned Ray Darcy. I said, "What every happened to him? He's never on telly anymore. Did RTE kick him out or something" To which my friend said "I SAID, that's Ray Darcy behind us". There he was walking 6ft behind us. Doesn't get more exiting that that.

He hosts a massively popular radio show. I'm sure he is very sorry he didn't stay in children's television or you might know him. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I've met Michael Flatley about 5-6 times. I got Shayne Ward's autograph when I saw him in Macroom 4 years ago. That's it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Yes
    Fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Where To wrote: »
    EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Yes
    Fascinating.
    I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kerry Katona a few years ago when she was still married to McFadden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭geneyuss

Aidan Quinn, Ken Doherty and Ronan Keating often drink in my local ( not together ),,,, Andrew Strong, Ray Darcy , Sinead O'Connor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭geneyuss

0000879k wrote: »
    Ryan Turbridy broadcasted his radio show from my house :cool:
    we have a winner :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Mark, Shane and Cian of Westlife went to school with one of my cousins and are bezzie mates with him. So I met them before they were famous when I went over to visit and of course every now and then at weddings, birthdays etc.

Met Peter Facinelli from the Twilight movies too :rolleyes:

and always see Ronan Keeting knocking about swords/Mala area :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

sisco wrote: »
    I have met loads
    Kate Nash- Who was really nice had loads of time for us and took pictures and signed for us
    3oh3- They where really nice too signed for us no problem and took pictures with everyone
    Jessie J-Was really nice too signed my set list and my ticket
    Ellie Goulding- Would not take a picture just ran in to the stage door
    Florence and The Machine- Was not nice at all had no interest in us or taking a picture with us
    ADELE!!!!!! she was the nicest one I ever met, she had time for everyone, talking and laughing as always, She signed my ticket for me asked me my name, as I was walking away she called me back and asked me did I want a picture
    Professor Green- Was also really nice met him at his hotel but his girlfriend milly was a bitch

Thats all im giving away so far haha there is a few others too

Mod

sisco, please don't bump a 7 year old thread when you could start a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement