Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Nightmare

Options
  • 15-11-2005 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I’m writing to you because I really don’t know what to do. I put my car in for the NCTon 18th Oct and it failed on the drivers light being too low. So I went to the garage and got them to adjust the lights.

Went back on the 19th Oct for a retest and the car then fail on both head lights. So I went away not happy but sur what can you do and at a lot of expense totally replace both headlights with new ones.

I missed booking within the 21 day limit because the lights had to come from Japan and only arrived on the Sat 11th Nov. I didn’t want to book the test and cancel it again having to pay a cancellation fee. So when I try to book now I’m told there is on free time within my 30 day limit. Which is up on 19th and not the 18th as they keep saying. They seem to have forgotten the retest of 19th not that it makes much difference one day or the other

I said that I would travel to a test centre other than the one I was in originally in but have been told I have to go back to the original one. Unless I get a cancellation now I have to pay for a full test again

I don’t know what to do now. Or where to go to get any help. I know I’ll probable have to pay for a full test again. And all this b/c as the guy showed me the light was a fraction below centre.

Anyone any advice. And don’t say I should have booked before the 21 days I couldn’t

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Protest to the gardage that adjusted your lights about the fact that both of them failed after they toyed with them.
    Something similar happened my father and he wrote to the NCTS, the DoE, the Toyota main dealer and the AA as he didn't see why he should pay for a retest after it was fixed to the correct specs.
    Within a few days the dealer took the car for the retest and brought it back with an NCT cert a few hours later.

Advertisement