Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod synchronisation problem...

Options
  • 15-11-2005 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My friend has an ipod with quite a good selection of music on it, however, the computer with which he put songs on it had a virus on it and had to be completely reformatted (well I'm not sure it had to be, but it was).

Now with a brand new fresh copy of iTunes and no songs, it wants to reformat the iPod and start over (so he tells me, I know nothing about iPods).

Is there any way to synchronise the iPod with iTunes without formatting the iPod, i.e. transferring the songs from the iPod into iTunes and working from where he left off.

If there is, have you got any pointers as to how to go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Barry.

Comments

What you'll need to do is download either ephpod or ipod agent. These programs allow you to rip music from the ipod and then you can add them to the itunes library and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Sterling advice...

Cheers Jabba, I'll let him know.

Advertisement