Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question

• 15-11-2005 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

can someone tell me some bands that started between 1978 and 1982

i got a thing to do for school and i keep thinking of bands that started a little too early or too late

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Iron Maiden released their first album in 1980, as did Def Leppard and Saxon, in fact check out the whole NWOBHM thing from exactly that era. Van Halen put out the first album in 1978 (though all of those bands would have gotten together years before. Metallica dn Slayer would have gotten together initially in that timeframe though didn't release anything officially until after 1982. Oh yeah, Motorhead too and best of all, MANOWAR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

MANOWAR SUCK! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Steoob wrote:
    MANOWAR SUCK! :p
    manowar rule, and i used to hate saxon after hearing them on the mullet man show but i got around to listening to them properly recently, there pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

New Order, Public Image Ltd. (Johnny Rotten's band after the Sex Pistols, far better group imo) and Einstuerzende Neubauten (formed as a joke for April Fool's Day, it's now a 25 year old joke), all 1980. Every other band I can think of is 1977.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Oh and Sonic Youth ('81)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Motorhead were formed in 75 and released their first album in 77,
    if you're looking for a safe non-offencsive band, then middle of the road kings;
    Dire Straits recorded and released their first, self-titled album in 1978, although they likely formed in 77 or before
    UB40 were definitley formed in 1978,
    although formed first as the hype in 76 u2 got their big break in 78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

As far as I know Anthrax, Faith No More, Suicidal Tendencies, Exodus, Death Angel, Sacred Reich, Queensryche, Metal Church & The Sisters of Mercy all formed during that period!
    Correct me if I'm wrong - not 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Motley Crue - 1981

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

MAN'O'WAR MAN'O'WAR livin on the roaddeee!!!
    When we hit town your speakers explode!!!

dont deny the lyrics :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Come on, they have an album called Kings Of Metal...which simply proves they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Come on, they have an album called Kings Of Metal...which simply proves they are!
    o ya forgot to take that into account along with the greyhound shes the fastest :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Saxon's first album came out in 1979, not 1980 ;)

Advertisement