Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canceling UTV internet

• 15-11-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭

I am trying to cancel UTV internet and so far I am getting the run around. They are telling me that it will take one month to cancel, has anybody had this from them?

I have paid for the subscription charges for November in advance.

T.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Plankmonkey

kipple wrote:
    I am trying to cancel UTV internet and so far I am getting the run around. They are telling me that it will take one month to cancel, has anybody had this from them?

I have paid for the subscription charges for November in advance.

T.

You must give 1 months notice or pay a penalty fee. This is in the T&C's so nowt you can do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Yup, one month minimum notice, assuming that will leave you out of your contract. If you availed of a few free omnths at the start of your time with them, then your 12 month contract only begins after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I mailed admin@u.tv and support@u.tv to cancel and got an automated email from the support address telling me I'd been assigned a ticket number.

Nothing more since from them though... is that good enough or should I chase them tomorrow about it? (havent had time in work lately so only thought of it again when I read this thread :))

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I mailed admin@u.tv and support@u.tv to cancel and got an automated email from the support address telling me I'd been assigned a ticket number.

Nothing more since from them though... is that good enough or should I chase them tomorrow about it? (havent had time in work lately so only thought of it again when I read this thread :))

ARe you moving elsewhere or are you just cancelling? They were slow to cancel mine and it caused me further delay in going to Smart:rolleyes: So follow them up if you are moving to another provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Plankmonkey

Kaiser2000 wrote:

Follow them up they don't usually reply to support mails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Kaiser2000 wrote:

Drop a mail to carl@u.tv with the ticket number and ask him to check up on it. The 30 day cancellation notice starts from the date they received your email. It's the admin address that the important one.
    Mail them again also and attach your original message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Kaiser2000 wrote:

They got back to me qiuck enough. E-mailed them to advise of cancellation on a Wednesday evening, got automated reply within the hour, and a member of staff e-mailed the following morning at 8:23am. Good in my book:)

Advertisement