Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the future of the mac

• 15-11-2005 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

where do you see the mac going in the next few years. there was some talk that PCs will run OSX ... do you sibscribe to that? Personally I don't. It would be possible to run OS X on a pc but I dont think apple will promote that, with the hard lessons learned from the 90s war of the clones

What about the processor? Do you think it'll be an off the shelf intel/amd creation or something that apple will have designed specifically for the mac? I dont think they'll go for anything off the shelf. I think apple and Intel, or apple and AMD will develop a processor specifically for the macs hardware and OS X - much the same way they worked with motorolla and IBM on the Powermac and G processors.

thats what I think but what do you think? Where is this all going? Will it mean mac will turn into PC? (oh I laugh at that theory) or will it mean apple will have processors designed by PC processor makers, but at the same time completely unlike anything in a PC? (thats the theory I'd go for)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

A mate of mine is holding out for a water cooled Mac, d'you think this will happen too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

will they need water cooled macs? as in, shouldnt any new chip run cool enough as it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No idea, he's an eccentric young man and wants his water cooled mac!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Gordon, you're a bad man.

Advertisement