Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Growing Out Hair Colour!

• 15-11-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I have been putting dye in my hair since the age of 15 and due to peer pressure (kinda) when i was 18 i dyed my hair blond. It was atrocious and it ruined my hair, i dyed my hair back brown there last October and never looked back.

I have a lovely brown hair colour naturally and i now want to grow out all colour and get it back once and for all. Its now 6 months since i dyed my hair and my roots are atrocious. The brown colour i had in my hair has faded to an awful faded colour but i wont give in, i am determined not to dye it again.

Trouble is im moving to Scotland in January and i will obviously be going for interviews and meeting people for the first time. Other than wearing a hat there is kinda no way of disgiusing my awful roots is there, it really is shocking lookin. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

If you are that unhappy with how your hair currently looks you have two options.
    1. Cut your hair in a shorter style so that only the hair which is your natural colour is left.
    2. Use a level 1 dye in your hair. This is a mild colour which washes out in 6 washes. It contains no ammonia or peroxide so won't damage your hair, in fact most of them have a conditioning effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Yes go for a wah out colour or even a level 2 colour which will last longer. They dont damage your hair like permanent colours and should do the trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

^^ yup best idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Clár

Yeah just before i move over i will bung one of those hair dyes in, i will need to do something or i will look like a right ned!!

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I'm not sure how it works, but i've heard of people having their hair "stripped" of its colour?

dont really know anything about it but it might be worth looking into? although if dyed your hair over and over it probably wouldnt work. i really have no idea! just an thought :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

One thing you will have to take into concideration if putting a wash out/level 2 dye in your hair and that is your hair type.

I have only been putting semi-permanent colour in my hair for 2years but my hair type is curly + everything that goes with it being curly, dry, porous etc My hair will attach itself to any colour I put in my hair regardless of whether it states that they are wash out or not. Therefore any colour I put in my hair is permanent.

Have a consultation with a hair dresser, this should be free, and ask them what they would suggest you do.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

how long should u wait between dyes? my hair naturally is brown, i put a kinda browny auburn colour in bout a month, but i wanna put it a dark brown dye, would it ok since there close to my natural colour?

Advertisement