Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has there been a change/outlining of policy of late.

Options
  • 15-11-2005 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Of late, I have noticed that the mods have been much more active in the transfer of posts from one forum to a more relevant forum. For example moving a thread from after hours about a certain beverage to the food and drink forum. Not that it is annoying but just that it seems to be happening a lot lately. Is this part of a new drive to help develop some of the other forums, an attempt to redistribute the work load of the mods, new policy, or just my imagination?
    Edit: Feel free to move this to a more relevant forum. :P
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

no
    more mods have been added where necessary and are running a tighter ship, did you not notice that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Actually yes, especially with disruptive behaviour/posting being hunted down and expunged before it can actually garner attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no, i think people just move posts they feel will get a better response, or is just obviously more at home somewhere else.
    for example, somone posted about best moment i nwork on AH today, so i moved it to the work forum.

there is no policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's something I've been doing much more openly recently. Before I used to move without redirect, so you didn't notice threads being moved.

After Hours isn't the "Post whatever the hell you like" forum. If it belongs elsewhere, it doesn't belong in After Hours. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

seamus wrote:
    It's something I've been doing much more openly recently. Before I used to move without redirect, so you didn't notice threads being moved.

you didn't re direct?
    you're so mean seamus

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    you didn't re direct?
    you're so mean seamus
    In hindsight, it caused more work than it solved, as people reposted without searching to find where their thread had gone (the search was working back then).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I believe the previous policy instead of moving said thread was to lock the thread and ban the user from AH for a week.

Hobbes wrote:
    I believe the previous policy instead of moving said thread was to lock the thread and ban the user from AH for a week.
    There was that too. It's still in force, in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i dont think ive ever had to move a thread from the cuckoos nest.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I move threads all the time. Sometimes just to fúck with people's heads :D

...nah, I don't, but I do tend to move threads frequently just to put them in a place where it'll be less likely to go unreplied to (I always leave redirects).

*notice* I've also taken to just FS Category-banning people of late rather than just banning them from a specific FS forum *notice*
    So don't screw up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

CuLT wrote:
    *notice* I've also taken to just FS Category-banning people of late rather than just banning them from a specific FS forum *notice*
    So don't screw up :)
    Hehe, I've noticed that! It didn't take you long to get fed up with some of the muppetry :p

Advertisement