Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanksgiving Help!

• 15-11-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Help! I'm trying to put together an American Thanksgiving dinner for the 24th and am having trouble finding things I need, like a whole turkey. Yes, yes, I know that's typically a Christmas thing here, but I need one next week! I could also use pumpkin pie filling and all that good stuff. Does anyone know of an American themed shop around the Dulin area, or have any ideas on where to get this kind of stuff here? I'm not looking forward to having to make a pumpkin pie from scratch... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If I was you I would go down to the nearest Tesco and buy a few Butternut Squash, they will do admirably for Pumpkin pie .
    True they may need to be peeled and deseeded but that will only take a short while with a good peeler and a spoon.
    put them in a steamer and steam for 30-40 minutes or so.
    I bought a 12lb Turkey in the local centra frozen food section for €7.99, they are dirt cheap for another 2 weeks and then the price goes way up.
    good luck and just think how rewarding it is to have made a pumpkin pie from scratch, just make sure they appreciate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 foodietwoshoes

I'm not going to be of much help to you, because I want to know the same thing as you do. I'd love it if someone told me there's a shop in Dublin that sold American things like Scharffen berger/ghirardelli chocolates, double-acting baking powder and the like. Can't wait until summer to go to US and stock up!

Advertisement