Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Ipod to car radio

Options
  • 15-11-2005 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Could someone tell me if its possible to connect an ipod to a car stereo system that plays cds. I can only come accross the accessories that connect if you have a cassette player.

Thanks.
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

itrip. its an fm transmitter for the ipod but its illegal in ireland. you can get one on ebay but apparently there's a thing in the gadget shop in jervis street that does the same job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

iTrip + Dublin = problems in my experience.

iTrip needs a nice clear FM slot and that doesnt really exist in Dublin at the moment. I have an iTrip and use 107.3 in Kildare and the rest of the country, but the iTrip is virtually unusable anywhere city-side of the Red Cow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

you can buy a device for kenwood radios which allows the ipod to be controlled through the cd channger jack while still being able to use the cd changer.

the brother got one.

don't know where he got it but do a search, i does exist i swear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Gandalf23 wrote:
    iTrip + Dublin = problems in my experience.

iTrip needs a nice clear FM slot and that doesnt really exist in Dublin at the moment.

I find 88.0 works quite nicely for the most part, but then the arial on my car is home-made and doesnt pick up some stations - could be a factor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Yeah steer clear of these FM transmitters.I'm in the same postion as you and bought one.The sound quality is crap and when you get close to Dublin you pick up differant stations.There is also interferance when the windscreen wipers are on!

Anyone got any other ideas for in-car mp3playing without a tape deck?
    You could put in n audio cable(two cables,red and white) in the back of the stereo and feed it into your headphone jack but you need to be able to disconnect your stereo first

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

If your car stereo has a seperate amplifier you could connect a lead to it, and plug the other end into the headphone jack on your mp3player, if your radio is off and you turn on the mp3 player you will hear your mp3 player and you will control volume with the mp3 player

Just a crazy idea that will only work for a few people;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I use the tape adapter thingy for my mp3 player but they don't last long with wear and tear.

Has anyone seen the car radios that have a USB connection for your mp3 player?

Do these work only with flash devices or would they work with hard drive based mp3 players such as the Zen Sleek?

Advertisement