Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninja Gaiden Black

Options
  • 15-11-2005 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Is this out yet? On play.com it has "awaiting stock".

I was playing the original last night and got a dirty disk error so i reckon the disk is fobarred. Right after a particularly tricky part..... grrr

Is anyone selling Black if its out?

Also, any good compared to the original?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's the same game practically but with an easy mode for the moaners and all the downloadable content that was released on xbox live such as the really challenging tornado packs. Read up on the reviews on 1up, ign or gamespot for what has been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

head chops have been added. i traded in my old one and bought this. it has been out a few weeks but its fairly limited in stock at the moment it seems.

great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

its fubar not fobar

sorry

*goes of to a room to turn on & off the lights 50 times*

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's the same game practically but with an easy mode for the moaners

Easier mode you say, i thought it was ment to have extra harder levels for those who have finished it ò_O ...ninja gaiden is one of my favoutite games but i keep getting stuck at certain stages of the game for ages and end up getting bored and coming back to it later...dont think ill every finish the game at this rate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

madrab wrote:
    its fubar not fobar

sorry

*goes of to a room to turn on & off the lights 50 times*

typo. fucked off beyond all...... just wouldn't make sense. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

carbonkid wrote:
    Easier mode you say, i thought it was ment to have extra harder levels for those who have finished it ò_O ...ninja gaiden is one of my favoutite games but i keep getting stuck at certain stages of the game for ages and end up getting bored and coming back to it later...dont think ill every finish the game at this rate :rolleyes:

It has the harder levels as well. The tornado or hurricane packs or whatever are included. These make the game much harder. Ninja Gaiden is about being patient. You should never attack unless it is safe to do so. All bosses are defeated by dodging their attacks and looking for the openings to attack. It may only be a 2 second window to get 1 attack in but if you take your time the game is quite easy. Magic is also very effective and should not be ignored. Usually a particularly tough boss will only really be vunerable to magic. And if all else fails you can be cheesy and win by having a full stock of potions.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It has the harder levels as well. The tornado or hurricane packs or whatever are included. These make the game much harder. Ninja Gaiden is about being patient. You should never attack unless it is safe to do so. All bosses are defeated by dodging their attacks and looking for the openings to attack. It may only be a 2 second window to get 1 attack in but if you take your time the game is quite easy. Magic is also very effective and should not be ignored. Usually a particularly tough boss will only really be vunerable to magic. And if all else fails you can be cheesy and win by having a full stock of potions.

Yea thinking about it your right thats how i defeated any of the bosses in the past, still wont say its easy though :p

...thanx for the advice ;)

If you can beat Alma's first form then you should be able to beat any boss in the game. Alma is an absolute B*tch. I have a rule for all old school type bosses such as in any shmup or DMC and Ninja Gaiden, 'It's more important to stay alive than to cause damage'. Learn to avoid damage and you then see the openings to attack and chip away at the boss. When you get better you can get a bit more creative :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

its the hardest game i,ve ever played ,i m stuck on the three dragons level .even after killing them i get defeated by the octopus type boss.u need almost perfect timing and speed to defeat the bosses,and the supply of health is limited,its worth getting ng black just to have a fair chance of plying thru this beautiful game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Everything Retros saying is true, Ninja Gaiden is tough at first but nowhere near what a lot of people say it is. Its all about skill and actually having to learn the combos and new moves you access. Probably the best game I've played this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement