Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Mushkin?

Options
  • 15-11-2005 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

Here's the scenario. I'm building a PC for a Photographer/Photoshop enthusiast. I'm gonna put 2GB ram in. A few months ago, I got 2 x 512mb Mushkin TCCD ram that I intended on using for this job. Now, I can't find the same ram anywhere so I was wondering what are my options. Should I just get another Mushkin 1GB kit or any other quality brand like OCZ? I'm also trying to decide on a motherboard for her. Needs to have 4 x mem slots for obvious reasons :rolleyes: Gonna go SATAII route aswell. Had a look at komplett and it's between:

MSI K8N SLI Platinum
    Abit KN8-SLI,nForce4 SLI
    Gigabyte GA-K8NP-SLI ,nForce4
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=312220&cks=PRL

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'd go for the 2nd motherboard there but only because the northbridge is passively cooled. Those damn NB fans can be really loud. That with a quiet graphics card shouldn't be loud enough to annoy you no matter what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Does it even need that kind of expensive RAM?
    Maybe you could sell/ keep it for a gaming machine, and get some OEM/ Value RAM -- cheaper, and you can then prob buy 2-3 GB for the same price. And also, if she's not going to be using 2 GPU's, why buy a mobo that has that? Get a cheaper nForce4 non-SLI instead. Though you'd wanna check tech specs for SATAII-compatability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Having 2-3gb of Ram is only going to help your computers performance if you are doin memory intensive things which needs alot of it. If you wont use over 1gb , then the extra is a waste.

Advertisement