Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDF files

• 15-11-2005 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭

Most lecturers give me all the notes as PDfs. This is fine except for one lecturer who on purpose leaves loads of blanks. I was wondering is there anyway that I can change the PDFs he gives me so I don't have to print them all off and fill in the blanks as I go. I'd rather take down the missing information in class and fill them in on my pc, saving me having to print off all his notes. Anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

kinda difficult because of the way the PDF format works! sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

No it's possible to edit PDFs.

Though most of the free programmes that show PDFs do not support reading. You probably have to buy expensive Adbode software. There might be free versions out there. Some google hunting might help. I've never done it before, so I can't help more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 macm

just use the text select tool, then hold down control (ctrl) & c (ie copy) and then open up a word document and paste the copied information. Paste (ctrl + v). probably need an up to date version of acrobat so download a free version 7 or 8 at www.adobe.com . i do it for stuff i get off web. am using acrobat professional 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Simona1986 wrote:
    I was wondering is there anyway that I can change the PDFs he gives me so I don't have to print them all off and fill in the blanks as I go.
    You could try opening the pdf in Adobe Acrobat. Got to the "document" menu and choose "delete pages" and then select the blanks? Hope this helps.
    :)

Advertisement