Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to Amanda Carter?

• 15-11-2005 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

5 episodes and she is still a no show. What's going on? I know she doesn't compare to Claudia Black. And why is she in it so much - probably more air time than Bowder.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I'm guessing that you mean Amanda Tapping or Samantha Carter.
    She'll be back before too long with more than just a video phone call.

But hey, whos complaining?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Amanda Tapping was on maternity leave while the first 5 were being filmed. She comes back in episode 6 (Beach Head).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JimmyL wrote:
    I know she doesn't compare to Claudia Black. And why is she in it so much - probably more air time than Bowder.
    They gave CB so much time because she worked so damn well with MS - they had great on screen chemistry that made episodes easier to write (apparently). But, of course, she was also to fill in for AT whilst she was away with da baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sci-Fi have apparently said that though Amanda has signed on for another 22 episodes next season, they are likely to be split pretty evenly between SG-1 and Atlantis. This is something that could go either way, IMO, in either unifying the franchises that little bit more and in a believable manner, or it could be terrible crud. It all depends on how its handled.

The opportunity for a common storyline is interesting,
    since the Daedelus has the inter-galactic hyper drive
    with a common character as the go between.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

I'm guessing that you mean Amanda Tapping or Samantha Carter.
    She'll be back before too long with more than just a video phone call.

But hey, whos complaining?

Must have got my wires crossed - hope I didn't do anything critical yesterday.

So, Amanda is coming back in episode 6. That's ashame, I was just getting used to Claudia - quite a departure from Farscape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

God I hate Vala.

I'm so happy that Sam is back.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm so happy that Sam is back.
    The voice of sanity!

Vala makes an innuendo! ahahahhaaha! and again! ahhahahaha! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! ahahahhahah! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again! and again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Amen to that. I really disliked the opening to this series, Vala's character was too comical and implausible. Bring Carter and her Physics back!

Don't get me wrong, she is hot and I can see why a Farscape fasn would like her, but to me, she just cheapens Stargate.

She was good for jher once of appearance in 'Prometheus Unbound' but it bothers me to see Sg-1, a show that has held it's integrity and great sense of humour for so long, resort to actor swaping and sex jokes.

Gone are the days of the O'Neil wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Have to defend Vala here.

All the protagonists in SG-1 are just too one sided - all good and noble, etc, etc.

Vala is a welcome change (ok, the sexual innuedos are a bit much). It's ashame that she won't be a regular cast member anymore as she is just beginning to develop into an interesting character.

As for Carter, she has to be the weakest character of the (old) four - probably a token female character to add some love interest - whatever happened to that story line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I'm really glad Vala is gone. Do people here think she is better looking than Carter? Vala is an absolute wench, if you put a witches' costume on her she would fit nicely into the wizard of oz

JimmyL wrote:
    Have to defend Vala here.

All the protagonists in SG-1 are just too one sided - all good and noble, etc, etc.

Vala is a welcome change (ok, the sexual innuedos are a bit much). It's ashame that she won't be a regular cast member anymore as she is just beginning to develop into an interesting character.

As for Carter, she has to be the weakest character of the (old) four - probably a token female character to add some love interest - whatever happened to that story line?

I disagree, I am not one sided.
    I welcomed Vala in Prometheus Unbound and I can see where she would fit in with episodes like Avalon and The Ties That Bind.

But her jokes were out of place and her part was over done.
    Glad to be rid of her.
    She comes back for the finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

She comes back for the finale

In an incredibly implausable way...

...fùcking writers fùcking up black hole physics. And Carter agreeing! Aaaah. Why God why?!?

</rant>

But in fairness, they blatently said after she 'died' that there's a chance she could have survived, imo, they wouldn't have said that if they weren't planning to bring her back.
    And black holes are purely theoretical so I don't think there are any rules regarding them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

Yeah she was on maternity leave apparently, they covered for her by saying she was in area 51 but meh, Im already up to date on america and its going to be like 2 months before they start showing new ones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

BrenC wrote:
    Yeah she was on maternity leave apparently, they covered for her by saying she was in area 51 but meh, Im already up to date on america and its going to be like 2 months before they start showing new ones :(

I know the feeling, but I think Canada is back soon.

Advertisement