Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dam graphics cards!

Options
  • 15-11-2005 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

At first I was going to spend around €150 on a new graphics card, either the X800GTO or 6600GT 128MB. Then I noticed, if I spend a little more, I could get something a little bit better, and then for a little bit more...

Now, I am looking at a Sapphire X800GTO 256MB FireBlade or maybe the GTO2 or the 6800GS...

Have to stop soon or I will be bankrupt!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Heh!! know the feeling mate. A mate of mine replaces one every 6-8 months, his flatmate is a lucky c***, he gets the hand me downs. Just setup a new rig, and was fretting for ages over what to get seeing as i went from AGP to PCI-E, settled on 6800, i was lucky actually, a guy i know aquired the card and offered to buy my old system of me and threw in the card as part of deal, saved me a bunch of cash. Theres a decent 256 6800 going on komplett at the mo for around 244, check it out, i would've got it.http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=315184&cks=WYO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

have a look below at the link..it's a X800 that can be bios flashed to an X850XT PE..a bargain at 239euros

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27655

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Thanks for that. Those two are the actual cards that I am thinking of though I haven't found where to buy the GTO2 yet - haven't looked.

Just also noticed that ATI has slashed the price of the X1600XT to €200 - not that you can buy the thing. NVidia would probably do some price cutting too.

I think I just wait until after Christmas when things might just settle down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

I know the feeling!!! its one of the reasons I stopped gaming/caring about specs... hell, my desktop is an athlon 850 with 384mb ram...

anyway, building new family machine, and I seem to have settled on geforce 6800gs. its 34 euro more than the fireblade... but by the time i actually get around to order it, I guess there graphics card will be all changed...

Advertisement