Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brighton to move for Jason Byrne

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

RuggieBear wrote:
    erm...would bray get any money should he be transferred?

Probably. They got money as a result of his cap, so they obviously have clauses in that deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Slash/ED wrote:
    They got money as a result of his cap,

Never actually heard that, pretty much adds insult to injury so. Would have been better off staying on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Never actually heard that, pretty much adds insult to injury so. Would have been better off staying on the bench.

well Bray did help develop him;)

RuggieBear wrote:
    well Bray did help develop him;)

I'd have no problem giving money to Bray or any other club, but the fact that his debut barely lasted 90 seconds was ridiculous.

It wasn't even a token gesture, more insulting than anything.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I'd have no problem giving money to Bray or any other club, but the fact that his debut barely lasted 90 seconds was ridiculous.

true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

MrJoeSoap wrote:

It was basically to give him a cap. Fenlon said he was really buzzing in training when he got back from Poland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

RuggieBear wrote:
    erm...would bray get any money should he be transferred?
    They got apparently E10K for his 90 seconds of fame, safe to assume there's a decent percentage of a sell on clause in there!! With Devlin being as astute (lol) as he is, I'd bet my house on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=200

Not the words of a man bending over backwards to secure a move to Brighton I think you'll agree :)

"The first I heard was a phone call from my wife who saw it mentioned in the evening paper on Tuesday night. I’ve heard nothing from them and sure there’d be no point in me going over there. For what? I’m still a Shels players and I’m looking forward to playing in Europe with Shels for a few seasons yet"

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote:
    http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=200

Not the words of a man bending over backwards to secure a move to Brighton I think you'll agree :)

"The first I heard was a phone call from my wife who saw it mentioned in the evening paper on Tuesday night. I’ve heard nothing from them and sure there’d be no point in me going over there. For what? I’m still a Shels players and I’m looking forward to playing in Europe with Shels for a few seasons yet"

Good news, sounds like a man with his priorities in the right place and his head firmly on his shoulders.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Good news, sounds like a man with his priorities in the right place and his head firmly on his shoulders.

he'll be in brighton by the end of the week....:D

Hehe, with footballers these days you just don't know. I believe Jayo here though.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hehe, with footballers these days you just don't know. I believe Jayo here though.

lol...so do i. but you never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How m,uch is he one with Shels? Will brighton double it and buy him a house/rent one for him.

Tbh thats the only deal any sane man would accept. Byrnes problem is motivation he scores a few but really like most should more, especially with the chances he gets. I have seen him miss some sitters but when you score one the misses arent noticed much.
    A good coach could get him scoring at a higher level but possibly too late for him being 27.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

still it would be a huge knock to the shels campagne

• Advertisement
Advertisement