Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Help

• 15-11-2005 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

We're heading back to Galway in April for a week, I would like advice on hotels in and around Galway that have a swimming pool. Last time we stayed at the Quality Hotel in Oranmore which was ok but I just want to see what options there are now. BTW 2 adults, 3 young kids.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The Radisson has a pool or so I've been told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Radisson has a pool or so I've been told.
    Yeah galway.radissonsas.com is your best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

Ryan's hotel, Dublin Road.

Ardilaun Hotel, Taylor's Hill

Clybaun Hotel, Knocknacarra area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Yeah the Ardilaun on Taylors Hill has a nice leisure centre, the rooms have all been renovated too.

The Days Hotel (formerly Ryans Hotel) on the Dublin Road has a good one too, and the Hotel has been totally revamped since it was taken over. Looks really modern inside now, the rooms have also been renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Great stuff, thanks for the tips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Claregalway hotel as well which is quite nice although out of town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Unless you're planning on hanging around Oranmore, do not stay in either the Quality Hotel or The Oranmore lodge.

Best to stay in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unless you're planning on hanging around Oranmore, do not stay in either the Quality Hotel or The Oranmore lodge.

Best to stay in the city centre.

Least with the Quality though if you are super lazy, theres a cinema, bowling alley, arcade and restaurant two steps across the road.....great for the evening if you aren't arsed doing much

theres a cinema, bowling alley, arcade and restaurant two steps across the road

Unfortunately, there is a pretty crap cinema (nothing good in it), smelly restaurant and.... well I remain indifferent on the other two, across the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

theres a cinema, bowling alley, arcade and restaurant two steps across the roadQUOTE]

Unfortunately, there is a pretty crap cinema (nothing good in it), smelly restaurant and.... well I remain indifferent on the other two, across the way

I like the cinema. Its really clean but always quiet. It shows more or less all the films town do, bar a few. Nothing much out at the moment though, but thats more so a lull in the market then the cinema itself! I ate in that restaurant once, twas great. They seem to have changed it though since to some oriental malarky...

Never went bowling in City Bowl. Bowled a few games in replacement of my girlfriends dad once but never did a proper game....Arcade is pretty decent though.

Redhairguy, in the straightest sense possible, we must go ice-skating at the rink when it opens....:v:

• Advertisement

To anyone outside of Oranmore, that must sound very strange.... but yes! Oh dear god YES!!!!! we definitely must, and I will not be satisfied til I have broken my arse! Or at least bruised it badly.

Advertisement