Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane, Yes thats right. AGAIN

Options
  • 15-11-2005 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Hello, And yes another thread on the failure of my mother's megane, She rang me this afternoon Threathning me And Swearing at me. Saying she going to get rid of it and get a Punto OR something basic /me shrudderss :confused: Anyway, She was screaming at me " I cant get the petrol Cap open " and She had been 2 two garages to see can they get it open, She had only 20 miles left of petrol and she had to get from Howth to D15 with what she had to Renault In blanchardstown. Believe it or not it was broken and they couldnt get it open. I thought it might have been the Non- renault garages she had called to That couldnt get the thing open with the amouint of radicilous electronics this car has. Anyway Renault In blanch Had to Force it open with something, Not sure what but took them a while and they broke it open ( BTw this is the Panel that covers the Petrol Opening, The Painted body car part ) And they broke the whole locking device. And then inside was about Half a hand full of Sand/Muck Dirty stuff... More like sand you use to mix cement, Was just lying inside the Petrol Hole, Between the Lid and the door on it, not affecting the Petrol opening though... Anyway , Then after braking it open Its gonna cost us about 150 for us to get it replaced.

Anyway, Back to the cause, What could that dirt inside the petrol Hole be there for ? Somebody somehow get it in the locked Door, if so HOW ? And If that Dirt was nothing to do with the Fact it got jammed or just woulndt open... Why did it break, I really dont see how it could of affected it. Just typical Megane Problems ?? I was really disapointed before I found the dirt Inside saying " have this car 2 months " And already the Whole Airbag system has gone ( wihout car for 2 Weeks ) and now the petrol wont open.

Seriously... Is it worth having a megane ? My mother swear's its not. I don't think it was that Sand so neatly Placed in side, That caused the Door not too open for the petrol.. Or mabe anybody have any reasons to why it happend or if it has happend to anybody else in a car ?

Any comments welcome..

Hj

EDIT : Just a side not, The dirt placed inside, had no traces left anywhere near the locking part that could of jammed it, It was simply lying inside At the bottom, About 20-30 Grams of it... And it would of been impossible to get that in there as the Petrol door is always locked. Thats why I doubt its the Dirt that stopped the lock from opening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

What year Megane is it?
    I have a 2000 Megane with a year Not one thing has gone wrong apart from some b****** stealing my ariel Only thing changes was 2 tyres Other than that not one thing Delighted in general with the car

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

Jeez is there any end to problems with that Megane....after readin about all it's faults & my auntie constantly complaining of electrical faults with her Clio, I for one, will never buy a Renault!
    Aside: I sat in the new Clio.....felt unbelievably cheap...horrid small buttons....hard brittle plastics....not one thing I liked about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Yea, I know... Problems Galore. It really is true about them though.. There electric's SERIOUSLY need to be sorted. 2 Months now with this car, And She is fed up with it... Still dont see what the problem was though with the Petrol Door.

and it is an 03' Model, The New model.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

HungryJoey wrote:
    Seriously... Is it worth having a megane ? My mother swear's its not

Wahey, relax. First off, you're talking about €150, not a blown head gasket or something serious. There was one previous problem that was sorted under warranty

Secondly, I take it you passed on the advice given here to your mother before she bought it, so she knew it was not going to be the most reliable car in the world

Any research you could (read should) have done yourself would have pointed to that

As for the cause, the one that springs to mind is a very bad panel fit of the petrol cap, combined with the car being parked at or near a beach or building site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Fair enough, I accept that. But its like all others type's of car's, There's good yous and bad one's you can get, Other people have megane's with not an ounce of bother on them, We took that risk and We are unlucky.

If it was the Dirt inside, How the Feck did it get inside, It was such a large amount so neatly placed inside but the megane Cap's are always locked...The only way that could of got inside is by somebody putting it in on purpose and Looks that is how.. But there is no way for somebody to fiddle with it, You cant get in ;)

Hj

• Advertisement
Advertisement