Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England V France U21 playoff.

• 15-11-2005 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching this? France have justgone 2-1 up with the dogiest peno you'll ever see. How do refs not know how a player falls when they are tripped? the guy went up with his legs tucked under his arse . At most Richardson breathed on him. Shocking disgrace. Not to mention the fact that he lay on the ground for a good two minutes. Even if contact had of been made it would have been minimal and he barely would have felt it. Looks like Pires has been coaching the U21's

I can't stand diving cheats.Fair play to the english lads they are throwing in a few kicks so the french know what contact actually feels like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

only been watching it here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4439728.stm

best i can do at work, hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

England were robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sven should have let Peter Taylor pick Rooney (and probably a couple of others) instead of playign them in the friendly at the weekend and stuck it to the French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Was it Chelsea's Diarra that went over for the penalty? If so, he'll get a bit of stick in training! He seemed like a handy enough player though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Two great goals though, from Bent and Riverie (spelling?). Penalty was very dodgy, and the ref couldn't have been in a better position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I must be the only one who thought it was a penalty :eek:

Richardson missed the ball (lunging tackle in the area) and a bit of a dramatic fall I admit but a peno none the less...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I must be the only one who thought it was a penalty :eek:

Richardson missed the ball (lunging tackle in the area) and a bit of a dramatic fall I admit but a peno none the less...

Bit Dramatic? Just cos halfthe arsenal team are french.............:D

But seriously, it was a shockign dive, he had lost control of the ball, and the slight touch he might have got wouldnt have taken an honest player down, and certainly not the way he went. Watch the way a player who actually gets tripped falls compared to one who dives he jumped up and over with his legs tucked under him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Anyone who has seen Ribery play before, knows he's the next great French star, guys quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Saw him play in Turners Cross against the Irish U-21's. Easily the best player in the pitch.

Looks class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Saw him play in Turners Cross against the Irish U-21's. Easily the best player in the pitch.

Looks class.
    He also looks old enough to be playing Masters football :)

His goal was superb though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement