Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb FWA and cancelling Eircom 25

• 15-11-2005 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

1. How do I cancel Eircom flat rate 25?

2. Can I port my 0502 number over to Blueface and run it over Digiweb FWA?

Thank You!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

Hi Danno...I was given the following number for flat rate cancellations (but I never tried it): 1800 203 204. Sorry, can't help with question 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Funny that - I was planning to ditch Flat Rate 25 in exchange for Digiweb FWA. We're currently waiting for the installers.

I read eircom's T&Cs and it seems that you can cancel the contract immediately by sending them a letter or ringing them I think. The only penalty is that all flat rate minutes used in the billing period when you canceled are then charged at pay as you go dial up rates (1.26 c evenings/weekends and 5.07 c daytime) so the maximum "penalty" you would pay is €17.82 for a 2-monthly bill, assuming you are usually connected for more than 5 minutes.

As for the second question, I'm pretty sure (and hopeful:D) you can as people with NTL can use it. Only certain areas can get new geographic numbers (e.g 041 68XXXXX for Ardee & Dunleer in Co. Louth) and I'm not sure if all areas can get their existing numbers ported.

Hope that helps
    MJET

Btw I have a 98xxxxx number (Drogheda) but they were uncertain if they could get me a local number when I emailed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

Danno wrote:
    Can I port my 0502 number over to Blueface and run it over Digiweb FWA?
    The best place to check is with Blueface http://www.blueface.ie/support/geographic.aspx
    Incidentally, 0502 is being replaced with another code very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭nilhg

I purchased a router off Blueface and subscribed to their basic package, which came with two numbers an 01 and a 076. I emailed them and asked could the 01 be changed to an 045-5xxxxx number, which is my local range, within a couple of hours it was done. I am sure they can do the same in any area.

Advertisement