Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas hob connection who and how much?

Options
  • 16-11-2005 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, we got nice neff 5 ring gas hob, would anyone know how much should we expect to pay for installing this thing?
    I mean just connecting to the pipe, i should be able to cut the hole in worktop myself
    i hope...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Are you using a gas cylinder?

I am, and I did it myself. The pipe just pushes over a barb type fitting, and is clamped on. The same at the other end for the regulator for the cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

While trying to get my hob connected i contacted about 20 plumbers. The problem wasn't the cost, it was trying to get someone to do it. I guess they all couldn't be bothered with such a small job. I got prices upto €200.00, not bad money for half hours work.
    I live in a new estate where building is still in progress, one on the site plumbers ended up doing it as a nixer for €20 or €30.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

I live in a new estate where building is still in progress, one on the site plumbers ended up doing it as a nixer for €20 or €30.

Same here but it cost me a 50 spot (the gas was mains BTH, not a cylinder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maly07@poczta.o

Great thanks for reply, work is still going on my estate so i might ask them and now i know how much should i pay just in case they try to rip me off (50 quid is not too bad)
    thanks again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Schira

I've moved to a new estate. Mains gas. On-site plumber did it as a nixer for €40

• Advertisement
Advertisement