Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo airbags

Options
  • 16-11-2005 5:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

anyone know how to turn off the front passanger airbag of a 04 mondeo? i just installed a child seat so i gota turn it off...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

There's probably somewhere around the passenger area you can pop your key in to turn it off....try the glovebox or between the passenger door and dashboard maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

On some models you cannot switch the passenger airbag off, on others you can. Not sure but I think the Mondeo is one that it cannot be switched off.

Sometimes it has it written on the side of the dashboard where the door meets the dashboard on the passenger side.

Also check your car's manual.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Put the child seat in the back. Its safer there anyway!
    There may also be insurance implications if you disable safety features.
    I know with BMWs and it probably applies elsewhere that the main dealers won't disable it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

To disable it on the Mazda 6 you need to return to the dealer, sign a disclaimer and they'll turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

bazz26 wrote:
    On some models you cannot switch the passenger airbag off, on others you can. Not sure but I think the Mondeo is one that it cannot be switched off.

Sometimes it has it written on the side of the dashboard where the door meets the dashboard on the passenger side.

Also check your car's manual.

Agreed Rear facing Child seats in the back of the car are safest. They say suicidal having them in the front if u talk to any of the experts. If you are wondering about seeing kids, my misses got a mirror that attaches to rear seat headrest, and she can see junior perefctly via her rear mirror,as well as seeing behind her!.I wonder can u switch off the airbag in any of the 5 star NCAP cars?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Ishindar wrote:
    anyone know how to turn off the front passanger airbag of a 04 mondeo? i just installed a child seat so i gota turn it off...

if its a necessity ull defo find out here
    www.fordmondeo.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

nice thks for the info, i guess im better off putting the seat in the back and getting a mirror...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ishindar wrote:
    i guess im better off putting the seat in the back and getting a mirror...

I use a mirror that clips onto the rear view mirror. It drops off sometimes, but most of the time it's working fine
    prospect wrote:
    To disable it on the Mazda 6 you need to return to the dealer, sign a disclaimer and they'll turn it off.

I'm impressed. That's the way it should be imho to avoid any litigation

Advertisement