Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 3g

• 16-11-2005 5:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know have O2 any plans for introducing a 3G network here and if so what stage they are at.
    Also is there such a thing as 3G i-mode?
    Would really like to get 3G video content on my phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

The network is up and running in at least Cork and Dublin. I have only used it with their new 3g data card, and its good. Although I hear now they have suspended the sales of the 3g cards again.

Only a matter of time before the phones are launched I guess. I-mode, from my understanding is only the set of protocols the phone uses, it can use either the GPRS or 3G transmission network. I stand to be corrected though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Was searching for network driving through Tullow a few weeks ago and i could access the o2 3G network on my 6680

Advertisement