Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The West Wing Live s7ep7 - The Debate (US)

• 16-11-2005 5:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Just watched it and was entertained, very novel idea. Any opinions as to who the winner was?

For anyone who didn't see it, the episode featured a debate between the two presidential candidates which was broadcast live on NBC. It was performed twice for the east and west coasts.

A live episode of a prime time TV series was certainly an interesting idea, seemed to work well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

There was a live episode of ER some years back, I have a feeling there was another one done around the same time.
    Of course until the late 50's practically all TV was done live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Saw a clip of it on http://www.nbc.com/The_West_Wing/index.html

Looked good, but I don't want to spoil the season by watching all of it. Anyone have any idea when it arrives over here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The parts with Ellen DeGeneres were quite annoying though. I never found her funny and her stupid comedy act was way out of place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I am guessing that RTE will show it from January or so at their usual time of 23.45 :( . The live episode was gripping. Great television.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

It was well done. They did two live shows as well - for the West Coast and East Coast audiences. I thought Alan Alda gave the better acting performance as Jimmy Smits fumbled his words a few times.

Alan Alda made a gaff when he was supposed to take a pen out of his pocket and pretend to sign a bill into power. When he did this the first time he found that he had forgotten that he had left the pen on the podium and he was standing in front of the podium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

just saw it and was definetly very entertaining. i think you could see that ALda is a good stage actor. Smits made too many mistakes.

but overall though based on what they discussed on policies i think the producers wanted Smits to seem like he was a better canditate in order to cut into that
    9 point lead

Advertisement