Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky (News?)

• 16-11-2005 7:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Ok Sky news isn't generally the best at the worst of times but they seemed to have reached a new low on how crap the station is.

Watching this morning.
    - Story about China and censorship.
    What they fail to point out is that the stopping of reporters (1 video) was footage from a long time ago. I was there two years ago in the same place as the reporters and didn't get accosted when I took pictures of the soliders. Although they do tell you not to take pictures of military installations.

Add to that they go on about the censorship of the net, they fail to point out that is it western technology supplied by the West that is censoring the people.

- Afganistan and Poppy trade.
    They implied that the Taliban and AQ were making cash off the poppy trade by selling drugs. It was the complete reverese. They were happily beheading people for growing the drug.

- Jude Law.
    Jude law shows up at some movie preview, not with his ex girlfriend (who showed up too) so therefore both must be back in the sack together.

.. This is just this morning, its been cring worthy for a few weeks now. I guess the new format was to remove any sense of journalism.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I know. It really reinforces the concept that the news is just part of the entertainment industry.

I don't mind Sky News being bollox - what bothers me is that the majority of people take them seriously.

But that's probably a problem with humans being total ****tards rather than Sky News being a load of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Its appointment to view television do you know....

its what they say in their ads, i havent a clue what they mean

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bungeecork

Sky News is just something you watch when the brain is tired and your finger is tired of changing the channel and there's nothing else on anyway - isn't it?

I mean, have you ever thought to yourself "Oh, it's nearly 9:30, I must switch the telly on and watch Sky News Ireland!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hobbes wrote:
    They implied that the Taliban and AQ were making cash off the poppy trade by selling drugs. It was the complete reverese. They were happily beheading people for growing the drug. .

The IRA kneecap drug dealers, but its to keep them out of their patches rather than the good of the community....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Stekelly wrote:
    The IRA kneecap drug dealers, but its to keep them out of their patches rather than the good of the community....

Well actually the Taliban were stockpiling the stuff because they were getting paid by the US/West to enforce the drug contol. Anyone caught growing it was executed.

The year after troops went into Afganistan was the best poppy yield ever for the country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement