Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Whatsit

Options
  • 16-11-2005 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

How about a little button just like the "Report Post" button to "Report Sig Violation"?

It might be more streamlined than the current Sigpo thread.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That sounds like a good idea. I've wished there was one in the past :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

could result in a large number of reports about one sig. at least with the thread you can see if the sig is already reported by someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sigpo isn't for reporting signatures, Sigpo is for letting people know their signatures are breaking the rules.

Edit: I put in threads instead of signatures...possibly because I'm an idiot

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

He didn't say reporting threads, he said with the thread above you can see if a sig has already been reported, whereas with a button it could be reported several times instead of once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sorry, my post was directed at the OP. I really need to quote people more often =/

Edit: Gah, i also need to learn to proofread my posts. *thunk*

• Advertisement

Should I delete my post now and make you look worse? :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

When you press the button an automated pm / whatever could be sent directly to the poster, not to a mod. If the poster got multiple complaints as suggested above I'm sure it would have the desired effect. The sigpo thread then would only be for offenders who are ignoring many warnings and therefore could cut down on mods workload by not having to deal with people who respond fairly quickly.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me......and its nicer than just getting your name in the thread when no-one's actually told you your sig is too big and you weren't aware until you appear in the thread.......

Advertisement