Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from 3Ireland Online

• 16-11-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im thinking of getting the 3Ireland Nokia 6680.

I was just wondering if someone could explain the online purchasing system to me a bit better.

Do they expect you to have photo ID on you when they deliver the phone or do you just show the CC you used to buy the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Hi when i bought mine online it was delivered by courier three days later and I had to show my passport. You need some sort of photo ID unless you call them and see if that has changed.

Have you read all terms and conditions and seen all their charges etc....
    I dont think they are much better than Vodafone. If I could swap my 3 Nokia 6680 for a VF one I would do ......
    Draupnir wrote:
    Hi guys,

Im thinking of getting the 3Ireland Nokia 6680.

I was just wondering if someone could explain the online purchasing system to me a bit better.

Do they expect you to have photo ID on you when they deliver the phone or do you just show the CC you used to buy the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

That sounds like a stupid system. How do you prove you live at that house? Where the bills go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Dellas wrote:
    Hi when i bought mine online it was delivered by courier three days later and I had to show my passport. You need some sort of photo ID unless you call them and see if that has changed.

Have you read all terms and conditions and seen all their charges etc....
    I dont think they are much better than Vodafone. If I could swap my 3 Nokia 6680 for a VF one I would do ......

Yeah I've read all the terms and conditions, from reading your experiences in the other threads, most of your complaints are at the high end of the market, i.e. international calls and texts.

I will be out of Ireland two weeks of the year sunning myself in the Canaries or some other generic resort, so international details dont really affect me.

I like the idea that the phone cost's me €59 and I dont have to worry about credit anymore. The 60euro a month bill will cover my calls and texts no bother. So the whole deal is very appealing to me.

I work in IT so video calls and emailing dont really come into it as I would never use my phone for those things.

Thanks for the advice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

When I got mine all the courrier asked for for me to sign the docket and that was it. No need for ID or CC to be shown.

Super!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I got mine yesterday - you can ask for it to be delivered to another address e.g. work place as I did. He was very insistent in seeing my credit card. I actually forgot that I payed with LAser rather than CC and he spotted very quickly that the card I produced initially was not the one I paid with. The courier did ring in advance to check that you were around to sign before arriving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Seems to be a matter of who you get.

I ordered last night and managed to put the order through twice by mistake, must have been a direct result of my impatience and the slowness of their site and much double click when I thought it had died.

Not to worry, the guy on the phone this morning was sound if a bit sleepy, so I will get the money back once I send it back.

Advertisement