Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Oranmore

• 16-11-2005 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Is there public transport that goes to Oranmore after 22:00?
    Doubtful i know..

How much do you think a cab would cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭eyedrenalin

I work in oranmore and sometimes have to get a cab. 14e from city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭eyedrenalin

oh... sorry... forgot...

City Link goes that way that late I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Hi RedPlanet,

Galway to Oranmore at 22:00? You have lots of good Public Transport options....

(1) You can take the safe and secure Galway city NightBus service....oh wait, it doesnt exist.
    (2) You can take the ever reliable Galway City Commuter train service....oh wait, it doesnt exist.
    (3) You can take the pleasant and punctual Galway City Tram Service....oh wait, it doesnt exist.
    (4) You can take the brand new Galway city Underground Metro....oh wait, it doesnt bloody exist!

Welcome to Galway. The Irish Government and Galway City Authorities have been neglecting this city/country for years.
    Their over concern with short term one-up-manship, and their inability to focus on long-term substantive issues has resulted in the lack of transport infrastructure we must currently endure.

p.s. I know you only asked a simple question! But the fact that you have very few options in relation to public transport really does irk me. Good luck in whatever method you chose. Me.....????.....i have to cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Unfortunately mate, after 8pm, you have to get a cab....

I recommend "Cara Cabs" on Eyre Square, or "Ocean Cabs" which are situated in Oranmore, both charge a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cabs only about a tenner so for a once off it's no big deal. Wouldn't want to be paying it on a constant basis though. Bus service to Oranmore from Galway is actually quite decent and for the most part punctual.....for the MOST part mind...but unfortunately ends about 7:30 or 8.
    e.....????.....i have to cycle.

The image of someone cycling to Oranmore from Galway at 10pm on a weekday night is quite nauseating...:v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

The image of someone cycling to Oranmore from Galway at 10pm on a weekday night is quite nauseating...:v:

Unless you were wearing pink pumps and screaming about ginger nut biscuits!

Advertisement