Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levelling compound

Options
  • 16-11-2005 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭

I am going to be doing some tiling for the folks in the next week or so. No problem there as I've done plenty of tiling previously. However their floor is not the smoothest so I'll be putting down some levelling compound. I've read the instructions and it seems pretty straight forward, however if anyone has any helpful hints or tips (or pitfalls) please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Give floor a good hoover and then polybond floor first before leveling.Also watch out for splashes on woodwood as it can be hard sometimes to remove.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

don't make the leveling compund too thick as it needs to run and level itself !!

When you trowel it around the floor -don't spend too much time getting a nice finish - it will be covered.

you may see loads of air bubbles come out of it when settling - thats normal and they can be easily taken off with a run of the trowel when set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Thank you both for your responses.

Advertisement