Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Clean Fun!

Options
  • 16-11-2005 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

As you all may know its alcohol and drugs awareness week running from yesterday to next tuesday!Its all about showing everyone how you can have a good time without boozing.The welfare commitee has lots of things planned but the highlight has to be the table quiz run by yours truely!Its on Monday 21st at 8pm in the centre/forum bar.There'll be lots of prizes on offer and free grub and soft drinks to boot!Its a general knowledge table quiz with a sports round,music round,tv+filmround etc..!I expect to see a boards.ie table there even though i know how much you like your alcomahol!There'l be lots of meds there too mr nice guy so lets see if the arts are in fact brainer than us meds and beat us to the grand prize:D
    So how can you resist
    Free entry
    Free food
    Free drink
    And if your extra nice to me i might even give you a few hints since i am the quizmaster and making up the questions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'd go, but theres no booze.

I'd go, but there's no drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

panda100 wrote:
    There'l be lots of meds there

Keep me a valium please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

Ild go but I have to be at home that night .... to study... some drugs.........:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Hmmm...a bar with no drink you say? Sounds intriguing! I'm up for forming part of a boards team if anyone else is. How many ppl per table?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

There's four people per team!Anyone who wants to drink can-the bar will be opened -its just that we want to give the chance for people who dont drink to feel comfortable in a social situation in ucd since so many of the night time events are centered around alcohol! Blondie thats the spirit-would be cool to get a boards table-il even through in a special internet/boards question for ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

im willing to make up numbers tho may have a meeting that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Remind me & you can count me in!

But seriously, remind me!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

panda100 wrote:
    There'l be lots of meds there too mr nice guy so lets see if the arts are in fact brainer than us meds and beat us to the grand prize:D

If the questions are to do with the price of drink in Bondi we can't lose!
    panda100 wrote:
    As you all may know its alcohol and drugs awareness week running from yesterday to next tuesday!Its all about showing everyone how you can have a good time without boozing.

I'll drink to that!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

F**k it, I'm in.
    I don't think I'm doing anything else that day anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Might go myself.

i dunno seb. Your a bit of a bum. What can you contribute to the team? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hmmm 8pm you say. Damn you and your Monday night lateness. Probably wont be able to go unfortunately. Transport out to my neck of the woods stops pretty early :(

However, I shall see you on Thursday!!!! (shameless plug!)

Good luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

I'm not doing anything that day so I'll go along.

Won't be able to go either im afraid. Was told last night that i was needed elsewhere so i wish the boards team all the best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

might go too, table quiz sounds like fun and a night without drink would be welcome at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ill go if theres a boards team, maybe we could have 2 from the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thats great-there'll definatly be enough for two teams there!im sure happycrackhead will go with you to seb(il get joanne to go ;o) ) Itl be a great way for people who dont know that many in ucd to mingle with each other too so dont be afraid if you dont know anyone, theres lots coming by themselves so we can make up teams!I got a bunch of free sweetie prizes from a cash and carry down in limerick!So the spot prizes will be free box of wham bars,refreshers and the likes-cool or what!Also anto kelly is providing lots of free tickets to ucd gigs and also a mystery grand prize!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Free wham and refresher bars? Oooh f**k yeah! They're much better than alcohol anyway!

I'm tempted by this and it would be good for me because it would be like a ''alcohol fast'' for me being in a bar not drinking..... may be torture tho"! :confused:

I'm not definite for the quiz but I'll try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

i wanna go!
    wham bars get me high!!:v: :v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Lets get twwwwwwissssteddddd!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

drinking on a monday... well i never :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

So do people want to meet up downstairs at half seven or so? Anyone coming who isn't sure whta we look like can pm me for a mobile number or send me theres so we'll have a means of contact! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

would love to go but I have a bday party tonight instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'm broke. Gonna be a no-show I'm afraid.
    Might not be along to the beers on thursday either, just so's ya know.

blondie83 wrote:
    So do people want to meet up downstairs at half seven or so? Anyone coming who isn't sure whta we look like can pm me for a mobile number or send me theres so we'll have a means of contact! :)

I'll probably go. Where exactly are we meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

yea I'll be there at half seven, downstairs in the forum I assume.

Well, if you see a guy who looks very lost, that's me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

SebtheBum wrote:
    I'm broke. Gonna be a no-show I'm afraid.
    Might not be along to the beers on thursday either, just so's ya know.

hehehehehehe......good one!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'll be off the table because i'm putting in a lot of work to try and make up for all the dossing earlier this year. so i won't be along either night - report due for project on friday!

Advertisement