Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanted motorbike jacket and helmet

Options
  • 16-11-2005 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

im new to the bike scene
    and i need a helmet and an armoured jacket
    is anyone selling one id say im medium in size for both helmet and jacket!
    thanks lads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Would you buy a second hand condom? You wouldn't know where it has been. Motorbike Helmets are kinda the same, you won't see many second-hand even, as you don't know where they have been!! How many times has your helmet fallen off the pub table and bounced on the floor, or been dropped by accident on the footpath in the last 12 months. Some people even go so far as to change lid ever year, imagine that!

Another very important aspect is fitting and head size, but that's another whole matter that I'm sure someone on this board will tell you about. Get your self to a bike shop now and buy a NEW helmet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

If you want to save a few euros on a new helmet, get yourself to bikeworld or any bikeshop and try on some helmets there till you find your size. Then just order that helmet online from ebay e.g.http://stores.ebay.com/M-and-P-Direct_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

You will save yourself alot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

Also try Cotters, Simon can have some fantastic offers, I bought an Aria Astro Race from him for 325 euro!!!! I couldnt find anywhere on the web to beat that offer. I hear he also has some good prices on jackets\trousers a the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Indeed. Ebay has Takachi helmets for good prices and they are fully BMS Gold sticker approved (you can race with them-same as any SHOEI/Arai!). Do NOT buy a second hand helmet, apart from the fact that the lining of a new helmet sort of moulds to your head after a few weeks and someone else's helmet will always feel 'wrong', you could catch any scalp infections that have been in contact with that helmet etc. As has been said-helmets get dropped all the time-you don't want to be wearing a lid that someone else has already damged internally.

Jackets are fine second hand, so long as all the armour is in place etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭alanlouthzzr

Simon Cotter has great value in helmets and clothing, well worth a visit even if you have to search through boxes for some of the clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Hi,
    I have a Dainese imatra jacket I bought second hand, but find the fit a little tight compared to my other one so don't wear it much.
    http://www.gobike.com.au/prod314.htm
    (the yellow/orange on the top left).

European size 52.

PM me if you're interested.

Advertisement