Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paisleys Daughter Takes Daddy to A Tribunal for Sex Discrimination

Options
  • 16-11-2005 1:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

"Gender Discrimination" would be the least of that old bigots many vices but at least its official and comes from his own daughter no less. She is the former girlfriend of Sammy 'Skinjob' Wilson ....hardly a sign that she 'discriminates' much herself .....and she lives at home with Daddy too.

From the BBC Here
    DUP leader Ian Paisley and his fellow party officers are facing legal action by his daughter Rhonda for alleged sexual discrimination.

She has alleged she did not get a job as a DUP policy officer last year because of her gender.

Instead, the post went to one of the party's councillors in Craigavon, Phillip Weir.

A party spokesman said they were content the best person got the job at the end of the interviewing process.

More detail on the case in the Belfast Telegraph here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-11-16T122704Z_01_ROB644735_RTRUKOC_0_UK-IRISH-PAISLEY.xml
    the daughter of Northern Ireland Protestant leader Ian Paisley has taken legal action against him and other members of his political party accusing them of sexual discrimination over a failed job application.

The Industrial Tribunals office in Belfast confirmed on Wednesday a case had been lodged by Rhonda Paisley, who says she was not selected for a position within the Democratic Unionist Party's (DUP) policy unit last year because of her gender.

"A case taken by Rhonda Paisley has been lodged but no date has yet been set for a hearing," a spokesman said, declining to give further details.

Media reports said Paisley, a former member of Belfast city council, had taken the case against the DUP's chief executive but also named her father and other senior members of the party, including her brother Ian Paisley Junior.

A DUP spokesman refused to comment other than to say: "These are matters that are now in the hands of our legal team".

Paisley lives with her parents, reports said.

Her 79-year-old father, leader of Northern Ireland's biggest pro-British political party, is a preacher known for his firebrand style both in politics and at the pulpit.

Well if he cant agree with his own daughter how can we expect him to agree with SF??

I can imagine sunday dinner is some laugh in the paisley household

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

there is already a thread about this, if you persist in repeating threads, i will have no option but to ban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

ratboy wrote:
    there is already a thread about this,

So there is, my mistake mod please delete
    ratboy wrote:
    if you persist in repeating threads, i will have no option but to ban you.

who died and made you boss??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

thankyou for your co-operation, i am the acting moderator of this forum. The peoples choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭zippo22

ratboy wrote:
    thankyou for your co-operation, i am the acting moderator of this forum. The peoples choice.

:p

• Advertisement

ratboy wrote:

LoL

Very funny

Now go back and play with your toys :p

In the meantime I'll attempt to merge the two threads, though the modding tools have been acting up here lately so it mightnt work.

(Banning is working fine though)

/edit Done!

Advertisement