Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband, Anyone got it?

• 16-11-2005 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭

Seems to be the only wireless provider servicing my area in Lusk, Co Dublin.
    They're offering a 1mb/256kb service for 37.99 a month with a Static IP.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Their website is ****e and there's a €150 installation fee with a minumum 1 year contract! If a few people can vouch for them i might give them a shot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I have had icecomms for about 5 months. Up until last week the service has been constantly good. There have been a couple of minor glitches lasting no more than a couple of hours, nothing too major. Unfortunately last week I started to have problems with upload speed but they are working on getting it resolved and do update me on progress regularly.

Despite this recent problem, I would still recommend them as a decent service provider both quality of service and quality of support have been very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

cheers for that, anyone one else have any dealings with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

I've been with them alst 2 months. On the 2M deal. Would have same comments as Adey2002. Overall speeds etc are good bar a couple of hours here and there. My upload speeds seem fine but don't do a whole load in "that direction". Web page is crap but in fairness I rang them on Weds, they did line of sight Fri and ready to install Monday. Done very quickly, set up wireless...very effecient. E Mail support non existant but on phone are good. Would recommend. Only other point is that they are expensive fror the packages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

higster wrote:
    Only other point is that they are expensive fror the packages...

Sorry I should have said, I'm on the 2Mb package and although being one of the highest priced isp's I don't mind. I'd rather pay a bit more and get the quality of service than pay less and not (I used to be IBB so am happy to pay that little bit extra for a service thats useable).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

cheers for the info lads,

I've been calling them over the last few days and haven't been able to speak to anyone. Also I've fired off a few e-mail's to no avail.

not looking too promising at the moment

• Advertisement
Advertisement