Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MBR is toast

• 16-11-2005 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a tool that i can boot from a floppy on to fix my WinXPro MBR?

I know about the "fixmbr" command from the recovery console but I have no idea where my XP disc is atm. :mad:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

FDISK /MRB should work
    there is also a tool like this in the recovery console tools on the xp cd.

you need to boot from the cd or have the recovery console installed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

on the recovery console type help to see the commands

fixmbr
    fixboot

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DC5_ITR

did u guys even read my post? i said i know about the fixmbr in the recovery console already but can't find my xp cdrom. :rolleyes:

so i need an alternative tool. i'll try that fdisk /mbr option from a boot disc u suggested gordonnet - thx.

Advertisement